• BURGAN REAL ESTATE ADDS AUCTIONS: Burgan Real Estate, a Youngstown-based real estate company, has launched Burgan Auctions, a new company that will conduct auctions for consumer or court-appointed listings in the area. The company will offer comprehensive moving services, including repairs to homes being sold, packing, moving and disposition of items.
• RENOVATED ST. ELIZABETH CENTER TO OPEN: Mercy Health-St. Elizabeth Youngstown Hospital has opened its renovated medical infusion site this week. Patient services will include pulmonary, hematology, urology and renal care. Physicians and pharmacists will coordinate treatment in the infusion center.
• REGIONAL CHAMBER TO HOST LEADERSHIP SERIES: The regional chamber will host a “laws of leadership” series meeting from 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Aug. 22 at the Holiday Inn, Boardman. James Dignan, president / CEO of the regional chamber, Regina Mitchell, co-owner and CEO of the Hope Village Outpatient Recovery Services, Michael Ross, founder and president of Mainstream Leadership Network, and Dana DeLuco, owner of the Evolving Door, will share their expertise and help attendees develop leadership skills.
• YBI RECEIVES ARC GRANT: The Youngstown Business Incubator will hold a ribbon-cutting at 1:30 p.m. Aug. 16 in tech block building number 5. YBI received a $185,000 in federal funds for 3D printing software and equipment.
• SHEPHERD OF THE VALLEY TO HOST CAREER FAIR: Shepherd of the Valley will hold a job fair from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Aug. 21 at the corporate office, 5525 Silica Road, Youngstown, OH 44515. Specifically, the job fair is aimed at direct care staff, such as nurses and aides. Open interviews will be conducted for jobs at the Boardman, Howland, Niles and Poland communities and Shepherd of the Valley’s home health agency.
People on the Move
• FORMER WARREN MAN PROMOTED: Warren native Col. Nicholas Desport recently became director of business development for high performance facilities at Merrick & Company, an engineering, architecture and geospatial solutions firm. Desport is a United States Air Force retiree and holds a bachelor’s degree from Kent State University and a master’s degree from the University of Maryland.
• REGIONAL CHAMBER HIRES NEW CFO: Kathy Gierlach was recently named chief financial officer for the regional chamber, where she will manage the organization’s fiscal performance, evaluate long-term planning, among other duties. Gierlach previously served as county fiscal officer for the Lawrence County Drug and Alcohol Commission in New Castle, Pa.
• JCC HIRES EARLY LEARNING CENTER DIRECTOR: The Jewish Community Center in Youngstown has named Ben Katz the new director of the Early Learning Center. Katz will aid teachers in creating and providing new learning opportunities for students. Additionally, Katz will work to strengthen ties between the JCC and the Youngstown community.
Send submissions for Business Briefs, People on the Move or New Business notices to email@example.com.