RETIREES TO MEET: St. Joseph Warren Hospital Retirees will meet for breakfast 9:30 a.m. Sept. 27 at Wayside Restaurant in Champion. Retired and former employees from St. Joseph or Warren General Hospital are welcome.
Attendees are requested to bring nonperishable items for food bank donation.
WATER BOTTLE FITNESS: SCOPE Senior Services offers a free Water Bottle Fitness class with Jim Marlowe from 1 to 2 p.m. every Wednesday at the YWCA building, 375 N. Park Ave., Warren. Call 330-399-8846 to reserve a spot in the class.
Participants create movement while holding a full water bottle or other unique item that Marlowe comes up as a safe and fun way to help get seniors fit.
The free sessions work on balance, fall protection and safety at home. It’s for beginners and designed for those who should exercise. It is adaptive for all ages, including those with physical issues. Call 330-399-8846 for more details.
CARD PLAYERS NEEDED: SCOPE’s Warren Area Senior Center, 375 N. Park Ave., is looking for Trumbull County seniors interested in playing bridge on Tuesday mornings. Players of all levels are welcome.
A knitting / crocheting group is also being organized at the center. Beginners are welcome as free lessons will be available. Participants are welcome to bring current projects to work on.
Call 330-399-8846 for more information.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 1:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls, 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-306-9577.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Homemade ham salad, potato salad, diced cucumbers with Italian dressing, sandwich bun, Mandarin oranges, ice cream;
• Monday — Double burger patty, barbecued butterbeans, warm cinnamon pears, macaroni salad, bun with cheese, sherbet;
• Tuesday — Chicken Cobb salad with ranch dressing, peaches, dinner roll, mini muffin;
• Wednesday — Sliced pot roast with gravy, parsley-buttered whole potatoes, mixed vegetables, biscuit, mixed fruit, pudding;
• Thursday — Breaded fish square, lemon asparagus rotini, carrots, tossed salad with ranch dressing, wheat bread, applesauce;
• Sept. 24 — Barbecued pulled pork, ranch potatoes, succotash, sandwich bun, fresh orange, cookie.