TMH RETIREES TO MEET: A luncheon meeting of the TMH Retirees Club will be held 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Buena Vista Cafe in Warren. All TMH retirees and former employees are welcome. Call Linda Smith, 330-847-7826, or Melissa Grabowski, 234-806-3062, to RSVP.
For more information, contact Grabowski.
CARD PLAYERS NEEDED: SCOPE’s Warren Area Senior Center, 375 North Park Ave., is looking for Trumbull County seniors interested in playing bridge on Tuesday mornings. Players of all levels are welcome.
A knitting / crocheting group also is being organized at the center. Beginners are welcome as free lessons will be available. Participants are welcome to bring current projects to work on.
Call 330-399-8846 for more information.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 1:45 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls, 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-306-9577.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Sliced turkey with gravy, stuffing, mixed veggies, tossed salad with Italian dressing, dinner roll, applesauce and cookie;
• Monday — Potato crusted fish with tartar sauce, macaroni and cheese, green beans, sweet-and-sour coleslaw, pears and pudding;
• Tuesday — Salisbury steak with gravy, scalloped potatoes, corn, wheat bread, peaches and angel food;
• Wednesday — Chicken breast with Marsala cause, buttered bowties, seasoned Brussels sprouts, dinner roll, mixed fruit, juice and mini loaf;
• Thursday — Cabbage casserole, whipped potatoes, carrots, wheat bread, fresh apple and cookie;
• Sept. 17 — Homemade ham salad, potato salad, diced cucumbers with Italian dressing, sandwich bun, Mandarin oranges and ice cream.
SENIOR RIDES: Applications to use the senior rides services are available by calling Diane Siskowic-Jurkovic, Trumbull County senior levy administrator, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 330-675-7846, by emailing her at SLJurkov@co.trumbull.oh.us, or online at http://seniorlevyser vice.co.trumbull.oh.us. They also can be picked up at Trumbull County SCOPE Centers in Warren, Howland, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown and Niles.
For rides, seniors can call:
• Comfort Care-A-Van, 330-744-4145, for wheelchair trips or any other trip over 10 miles;
• All American USA Taxi, 330-395-3226, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less;
• Country Neighbor, 440-437-6311, for any trip originating in the northern tier of the county;
• Garwin Inc., 330-534-1335, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Call 330-889-2733. Lunches featuring home cooking for $3 for 60 and older and $5 for younger than 60. the lunch menu is posted on the center’s Facebook page.
• Sundays: Grief Share with Pastor Shirley Frantz and Vickie Harkelrode, 4 to 6 p.m.
• Mondays: Monday Morning Breakfast, full menu, 7 a.m.
• Wednesdays: 10 a.m., chair yoga with Versa.
• Thursdays: 1 p.m., chair water bottle workout; 1 p.m., Book Worms book club (fourth Thursday).
• Fridays: 1 to 2 p.m., T.O.P.S. meeting — call the center or visit the center’s Facebook page.
CORTLAND SENIOR CENTER: The Cortland Area Senior Citizen Center, Cortland Christian Church, 153 Grove Drive, is open from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, with activities such as cards, fitness, board games, puzzles, coloring, arts and crafts, and walking, along with free coffee for visitors.
Lunches are also served around noon. Make a reservation three days in advance by calling 330-509-2415 or stopping by the center.