FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Call 330-889-2733.
• Monday Morning Breakfast, full menu, 7 a.m.
• Lunches featuring home cooking for $3 for 60 and older and $5 for younger than 60. Lunch menu posted on Facebook page.
• Wednesdays, 10 a.m., chair yoga with Versa.
• Thursdays, 1 p.m., chair water bottle workout with Jim Marlowe.
• Book Worms, book club, 1 p.m. Thursdays.
• T.O.P.S. meeting starting soon. Call 330-889-2733 or visit the Farmington Senior Center facebook page.
• Aug. 4, UH present “Eat Well to Feel Well” at noon. There is no charge.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls, 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-306-9577.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Lasagna roll with meat sauce, broccoli, warm cinnamon pears, dinner roll, fruit juice box, angel food cake;
• Monday — Meatloaf with gravy, whipped potatoes, corn, wheat bread, mixed fruit, pudding;
• Tuesday — Ham and veggie egg frittata, breakfast potatoes, warm cinnamon peaches, English muffin, apple juice, mini muffin;
• Wednesday — Barbecue-glazed turkey burger, sweet potato puffs, broccoli, sandwich bun, fresh orange, sherbet;
• Thursday — Sweet-and-sour meatballs, brown rice, coleslaw, dinner roll, pineapple tidbits, vanilla dots;
• July 23 — Sliced turkey with gravy, stuffing, mixed veggies, tossed salad with Italian dressing, dinner roll, applesauce, cookie.
FALLS CENTER OFFERS LUNCH: SCOPE relocated a senior center to the recently purchased Newton Falls Village Building, 612 W. Broad St., where hot lunches are offered to senior citizens.
To eat, people need to call the center two days in advance at 330-306-9577. There is no charge for the meals, but participants are asked to provide a donation. Meals are served 12:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Due to limits on indoor seating, reserved meals also may be packaged up for carryout.
The center is open for a wide variety of activities 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. Masking and social-distancing rules are followed.
MEMORY SCREENINGS VIRTUAL: The Alzheimer’s Foundation of America is offering a free virtual memory screening. Appointments can be scheduled by calling AFA at 866-232-8484 or by visiting www.alzfdn.org. Screenings are conducted every Monday, Wednesday and Friday through secure videoconference. There are no minimum age or insurance prerequisites.
To schedule a screening or for more information about brain health and lifestyle choices that can help promote healthy aging, visit AFA’s website at www.alzfdn.org or call AFA’s Helpline at 866-232-8484.