UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TRUMBULL COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY BOARD schedule for July:
• Friday: Golf outing levy fundraiser, Riverview Golf Club, 3903 state Route 82, Newton Falls. Registration starts at 8:15 a.m.
• Saturday: Warren Pride Event, noon, Downtown Warren, Courthouse Square, 161 High St. NW, Warren.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at Eastwood Mall’s hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, next to JCPenney and Kay Jewelers. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. Screenings and programs are open to the public. Some classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. Call 330-652-7542 to register. For a limited time, some of the classes will be on St. Joe’s at the Mall Facebook Live page.
St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver and Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
Weekly exercise classes include: Cardio Jam; SilverSneakers Cardio class; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga classes; Chair Yoga; Parkinson’s and Movement disorder Exercise Class; Zumba classes; Beginning Balance class; Advance Balance.
• Free blood pressure screenings, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday;
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian on Fridays by appointment only;
• Strong People gym membership monthly fees $24 by appointment initially with exercise physiologist;
• Lab Express – get a TSH (thyroid), PSA (prostate) $10 ea. and/or HgA1c (Diabetes) for $15, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff. Walk in.
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. Nurse will measure blood flow to the legs by doing Ankle Brachial Index. By appointment only.
GLENBEIGH OFFERS FREE VIRTUAL SUPPORT: Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Niles, 29 North Road, Niles, continues to offer Bridges to Recovery discussions through a series of Zoom events.
Virtual sessions are free. Connect for various topics, by linking through www.facebook.com/glenbeighhospital or by texting the word “Glenbeigh” to 81411 to receive meeting information.
More information is available at www.glenbeigh.com/events.
NAR-ANON MEETS: Nar-anon, a 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by loved ones and friends, meets 7 p.m. Fridays at the Rust City Church, 5555 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles.
For more information, contact Merle at 330-307-7607.
TRUMBULL MENTAL HEALTH GETS NARCAN DOSES: The Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board received 766 doses of the overdose reversal drug naloxone (Narcan) to distribute to ZIP codes 44483, 44484, 44485 and 44446.
Anyone who lives or works in one of those ZIP codes may receive naloxone training and a free kit by contacting Lauren Thorp at 330-675-2765, Ext. 119, or by email at LThorp@TrumbullMHRB.org.
ADDICTION HELP: The Trumbull County Combined Health District urges residents to help slow the increase of overdoses in the community by taking advantage of free Narcan through the Trumbull County Combined Health District.
Narcan quickly reverses the effects of opioids such as heroin and Fentanyl, and anyone can be trained by one of the District’s to administer the life-saving medication and receive a free kit containing two doses.
For a kit or more information, call the Trumbull County Combined Health District at 330-675-2590, Ext 3.
COVID-19 OUTBREAK INFORMATION: Visit the Trumbull County Health Department website for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, registration and distribution locations. The Trumbull County COVID-19 HUB is available online at https://covid-19-trumbull-ema.hub.arcgis.com The HUB contains maps and apps.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical.
For more information, call 330-856-3463.