UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to email@example.com.
WALK-IN IMMUNIZATIONS: The Warren City Health District, 258 E. Market St., will hold a walk-in immunization clinic for those children entering seventh or 12th grades or for those who are collegebound from 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. today.
The Tdap, meningococcal, HPV and meningococcal group B vaccines will be available at this clinic. COVID-19 vaccine will be available free for anyone older than 18.
Parents must accompany children younger than 18 and bring up-to-date shot records. An administration fee of $21.25 will be charged, regardless of how many vaccines received.
For more information, call the Health District at 330-841-2596.
TRUMBULL COUNTY MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY BOARD: TCMHRB schedule for July:
• Today: TCMHRB Board of Directors meeting, 4:30 p.m. TMHA first floor conference room or remote option;
• Thursday: FCFC Executive Board meeting, 8:30 a.m., first floor conference room or remote option;
• Wednesday: FCFC Countywide Day 2 orientation, 8:30 a.m. Registration is required. Join through GoToMeeting;
• July 30: Golf outing levy fundraiser, Riverview Golf Club, 3903 state Route 82, Newton Falls. Registration starts at 8:15 a.m.;
• July 31: Warren Pride Event, noon, Downtown Warren, Courthouse Square, 161 High St. NW, Warren.
GLENBEIGH OFFERS FREE VIRTUAL SUPPORT: Glenbeigh Outpatient Center of Niles, 29 North Road, Niles, continues to offer Bridges to Recovery discussions through a series of Zoom events.
Virtual sessions are free. Connect for various topics, by linking through www.facebook.com/glenbeighhospital or by texting the word “Glenbeigh” to 81411 to receive meeting information.
More information is available at www.glenbeigh.com/events.
NAR-ANON MEETS: Nar-anon, a 12-step program for relatives and friends adversely affected by loved ones and friends, meets 7 p.m. Fridays at the Rust City Church, 5555 Youngstown Warren Road, Niles.
For more information, contact Merle at 330-307-7607.
TRUMBULL MENTAL HEALTH GETS NARCAN DOSES: The Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board received 766 doses of the overdose reversal drug naloxone (Narcan) to distribute to ZIP codes 44483, 44484, 44485 and 44446.
Anyone who lives or works in one of those ZIP codes may receive naloxone training and a free kit by contacting Lauren Thorp at 330-675-2765, Ext. 119, or by email at LThorp@TrumbullMHRB.org.
ADDICTION HELP: The Trumbull County Combined Health District urges residents to help slow the increase of overdoses in the community by taking advantage of free Narcan through the Trumbull County Combined Health District.
Narcan quickly reverses the effects of opioids such as heroin and Fentanyl, and anyone can be trained by one of the District’s to administer the life-saving medication and receive a free kit containing two doses.
For a kit or more information, call the Trumbull County Combined Health District at 330-675-2590, Ext 3.
COVID-19 OUTBREAK INFORMATION: Visit the Trumbull County Health Department website for up-to-date information regarding COVID-19 vaccinations, registration and distribution locations. The Trumbull County COVID-19 HUB is available online at https://covid-19-trumbull-ema.hub.arcgis.com The HUB contains maps and apps.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at Eastwood Mall’s hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, next to JCPenney and Kay Jewelers. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. Screenings and programs are open to the public. Some classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. Call 330-652-7542 to register. For a limited time, some of the classes will be on St. Joe’s at the Mall Facebook Live page.
St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver and Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
Weekly exercise classes include: Cardio Jam; SilverSneakers Cardio class; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga classes; Chair Yoga; Parkinson’s and Movement disorder Exercise Class; Zumba classes; Beginning Balance class; Advance Balance.
• Free blood pressure screenings, 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, and 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Tuesday;
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian on Fridays by appointment only;
• Strong People gym membership monthly fees $24 by appointment initially with exercise physiologist;
• Free blood sugar screenings with 8 hour fast, 8:30 to 11 a.m. July 19. Walk in.
• Talk with A Doc Program – 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Wednesday. Dr. Rudy Kraft will discuss Peripheral Vascular Disease. Call to register.
• Lab Express – get a TSH (Thyroid), PSA (Prostate) $10 ea. and/or HgA1c (Diabetes) for $15, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. July 28.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 1 to 4 p.m. July 29. Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff. Walk in.
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. July 29. Nurse will measure blood flow to the legs by doing Ankle Brachial Index. By appointment only.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical.
For more information, call 330-856-3463.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is providing phone-based or video-based mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers.
Visit the PsyCare website at www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
SUPPORT GROUP: For information about the Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, call 330-502-8103.
HELP GROUP: For information about Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually or emotionally for any reason, call 330-898-4295.
LUPUS SUPPORT: For information about the Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group, call 330-978-3749.
FREE FITNESS PROGRAM: The Stepping Out Program, provided through a grant from the Mercy Health Foundation, offers free fitness classes and activities online and throughout the Mahoning Valley.
For information, call Doris Bullock, project coordinator, at 330-720-3293 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ALZHEIMER’S GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by the disease or another form of dementia.
For more information, go to www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/daily-care/daily-care-plan.