FALLS CENTER OFFERS LUNCH: SCOPE relocated a senior center to the recently purchased Newton Falls village building, 612 W. Broad St. Hot lunches now are being offered to senior citizens in the city hall.
To eat, people need to call the center two days in advance at 330-306-9577. There is no charge for the meals, but participants are asked to provide a donation. Meals are served 12:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Due to limits on indoor seating, reserved meals also may be packaged up for carryout.
The center is open for a wide variety of activities 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. Masking and social-distancing rules are followed.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls, 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-306-9577.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Homemade chicken salad, potato salad, diced cucumbers with Italian dressing, sandwich bun, Mandarin oranges, ice cream;
• Monday — Double burger patty, barbecue butter beans, warm cinnamon pears, bun with American cheese and mustard, macaroni salad, juice, sherbet;
• Tuesday — Parmesan chicken breast, lemon asparagus penne, carrots, tossed salad with ranch dressing, wheat bread, applesauce, angel food cake;
• Wednesday — Sliced pot roast with gravy, parsley buttered whole potatoes, mixed vegetables, biscuit, mixed fruit, pudding;
• Thursday — Chicken cobb salad with ranch dressing, drive cranberries, peaches, dinner roll, mini muffin;
• June 18 — Barbecue pulled pork on sandwich bun, ranch potatoes, succotash, fresh orange, cookie.
VOLUNTEER PACKERS / DRIVERS NEEDED: Trumbull Mobile Meals delivers meals five days per week to Trumbull County residents who are homebound. The agency needs volunteer packers and volunteer drivers.
Volunteer cold packers help pack cold meals, 8:15 to 11 a.m., and volunteer hot packers pack meals from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday. Drivers deliver between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. Anyone who can spare an hour or two once per week or even just once per month is invited to help.
For further information, call Christine Sanford at 330-394-2538, Ext. 101, or email email@example.com.
OMBUDSMAN PROGRAM: Direction Home of Eastern Ohio is looking for volunteers to join the Ombudsman Program to advocate for excellence for those living in long-term care facilities.
The training to become a certified volunteer will be provided virtually. Call 330-505-2338 for more information.