RETIREES TO MEET: Howland Schools Retirees will meet at 11:30 a.m. May 4 at Enzo’s Restaurant. All Howland Schools retirees, not just teachers, are welcome. Spouses and guests of retirees also are welcome. Cost of the lunch, payable at the door, is $13.
Reservations must be made by April 29 by calling Mary at 330-856-5226 and leaving a message.
There are no dues unless you want to receive the monthly newsletters. To receive the newsletters, a mailing fee of $8 to cover the rest of the year is due by / at the June meeting. Call Mary for more information.
VOLUNTEER ALL STARS AT EASTWOOD FIELD: AmeriCorps Seniors have teamed up with Scrappy, the mascot for the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, to use the Eastwood Field concourse to celebrate the Volunteer All Stars of the Foster Grandparents and Retired and Senior Volunteer Program 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. April 30. Volunteers will walk through the concourse to pick up AmeriCorps Seniors swag, game tickets and a boxed lunch. Everyone will be required to wear a mask and social distance.
Contact Leah Sakacs, RSVP program coordinator, and Fran Comstock, FGP program coordinator, at 330-480-0352 to lend a helping hand.
RETIREES TO MEET: St. Joseph Warren Hospital retirees will meet for breakfast Monday at Wayside Restaurant in Champion at 9:30 a.m. Retired and former employees from St. Joseph or Warren General Hospital are welcome to attend. Attendees are asked to bring nonperishable items for food bank donation.
Masks will be required.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls, 12:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-306-9577.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Homemade chicken salad, potato salad, diced cucumbers with Italian dressing, sandwich bun, Mandarin oranges, ice cream;
• Monday — Double burger patty, barbecue butter beans, warm cinnamon pears, sandwich bun, American cheese, macaroni salad, sherbet;
• Tuesday — Parmesan chicken breast, lemon asparagus penne, carrots, tossed salad with Ranch dressing, wheat bread, applesauce, angel food cake;
• Wednesday — Sliced pot roast with gravy, parsley buttered whole potatoes, mixed vegetables, biscuit, mixed fruit, pudding;
• Thursday — Chicken cobb salad with diced chicken, hard boiled egg, cheddar cheese, salad mix and Ranch dressing, dried cranberries, peaches, dinner roll, mini muffin;
• April 30 — Barbecued pulled pork, ranch potatoes, succotash, sandwich bun, fresh orange, cookie.