VOLUNTEER PACKERS / DRIVERS NEEDED: Trumbull Mobile Meals, a community-based service agency dedicated to providing a home-delivered meal service to Trumbull County residents who are homebound, will start to deliver meals five days a week on Monday. The agency needs volunteer packers and volunteer drivers.
Volunteer cold packers help pack cold meals, 8:15 to 11 a.m., and volunteer hot packers pack meals from 9:30 to 11 a.m. Monday through Friday.
Drivers deliver between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. There is an urgent need for drivers throughout Trumbull County. There are 28 routes.
Anyone who can spare an hour or two once a week or even just once a month is invited to help.
For further information, call Christine Sanford at 330-394-2538, Ext. 101, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CENTER RESUMES LUNCH PROGRAM: The Johnston Senior Center on state Route 5 in Johnston, and the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs are resuming the congregate lunch program Monday.
New is the “grab-n-go” lunch.
To reserve a lunch, call two business days in advance 330-924-0412 or 330-675-2486. Cost is $2.25 for Trumbull County residents 60 and older and / or their spouse.
SCHOOL RETIREES TO MEET: The Howland Schools Retirees will resume their monthly meetings 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant. This will be the first meeting since the beginning of the pandemic. All retired Howland Schools employees, and their spouses or guests are welcome. All COVID-19 protocols will be observed.
There are no dues to join the group, but for those who want to receive the monthly newsletter and a directory, a mailing fee of $8 is due by June. All retired Howland Schools personnel, spouses / guests are welcome to attend the monthly lunches, an informal business meeting and time to socialize.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Crab cake, cheesy twists, baked beans, sandwich bun, tartar sauce, Mandarin oranges and cookie;
• Monday — Roast beef with burgundy sauce, butter egg noodles, carrots, tossed salad with Ranch dressing, wheat bread, fresh orange and cookie;
• Tuesday — Chili cheese hot dog, tater tots, green beans, hot dog bun, peaches and ice cream;
• Wednesday — Baked chicken breast, sweet potatoes, lima beans, sandwich bun with bacon and mayo, mixed fruit and pudding;
• Thursday — Breaded pork, rice pilaf, peas, coleslaw, wheat bread, applesauce and mini loaf;
• April 9 — Lasagna roll with meatsauce, broccoli, warm cinnamon pears, dinner roll, fruit juice box and angel food cake.