RETIREES HOPE TO LUNCH IN MARCH: Howland Schools Retirees will not meet in February. Tentative plans are for the lunch meetings to resume the first Tuesday of March.
Donations to the Howland Community Scholarship Foundation are requested by the end of February. Use the form included in the last mailing and send directly to the address given on the form. The Paws Pantry at the high school would appreciate donations of nonperishable food.
Contact Mary at 330-856-5226 for more information.
VACCINES THIS WEEK: Vaccines began being distributed to older Ohioans this week, starting with those 80 and older. Each week after that, the minimum age for vaccinations will drop five years until all Ohioans age 65 have access.
A vaccine provider search will be available at coronavirus.ohio.gov, allowing Ohioans to search by county, ZIP code, and category to find a provider in their area to administer the vaccine.
The schedule for the coming weeks is:
• The week of Jan. 25, Ohioans 75 and older, and residents with severe congenital or developmental disorders;
• The week of Feb. 1, Ohioans 70 and older and employees of K-12 schools;
• The week of Feb. 8, Ohioans 65 and older.
Direction Home of Eastern Ohio is the local Area Agency on Aging servicing Ashtabula, Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana counties. While the Area Agencies on Aging do not give shots, staff will help answer questions on the safety of the vaccine, how to get to a provider and how to connect to any other community resources available. Call Direction Home at 330-505-2300 or 1-800-686-7367.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Seafood macaroni and cheese, stewed tomatoes, peas, dinner roll, fresh fruit, pudding;
• Monday — Creamy chicken and veggies, dumplings, cinnamon applesauce, coleslaw, biscuit, ice cream;
• Tuesday — Meatballs and sauce, baked penne, green beans, wheat bread, tomato and cucumber salad, mixed fruit, mini muffin;
• Wednesday — Breaded pork patty, roasted potatoes, braised cabbage, dinner roll, fruit juice box, cookie;
• Thursday — Hot sliced turkey with gravy, whipped potatoes, peas and carrots, wheat bread, fresh fruit, pudding;
• Jan. 29 — Barbecue burger, sweet potato puffs, broccoli, sandwich bun, pineapple tidbits, angel food cake.