SENIOR VOLUNTEERS: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of the Mahoning Valley is looking for volunteers who wish to be part of this organization. For information, contact Leah at 330-480-0352, Ext. 3.
RSVP is a national service program for individuals 55 and older who want to volunteer in Mahoning and Trumbull counties. These volunteers also will assist with community events.
The Senior Support Action Group is a coalition of community partners working together to assist the seniors in the valley with access to food, transportation, to medical appointments and companionship through the Phone Pals program.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
•Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
The menu is:
• Today — Closed;
• Monday — Lasagna roll with sauce, broccoli, carrots, wheat bread, applesauce, cookie;
• Tuesday — Sloppy joe, tater tots, green beans, sandwich bun, Mandarin oranges, sherbet;
• Wednesday — Italian creamy chicken over bow tie pasta, peas, warm peaches, dinner roll, tossed salad with Italian dressing, mini loaf;
•Thursday — Sweet-and-sour meatballs, rice pilaf, stir-fry blend veggies, wheat bread, juice box, pudding;
• Jan. 8 — Roast beef with au jus, potato wedges, broccoli and carrots, sandwich bun, mixed fruit, angel food cake.
FOOD DELIVERY: Direction Home of Eastern Ohio is partnering with various agencies for Families First Coronavirus Response Act funding for no-contact food deliveries to seniors 60 and older:
• Trumbull — Trumbull Office of Elderly Affairs, 330-675-2486;
• Mahoning and Columbiana — Easter Seals, 330-884-2513, or Jewish Family Services, 330-746-7929;
• Ashtabula — Ashtabula County Community Action, 440-998-3244, Ext. 334.
RETIREES CANCEL THROUGH MARCH: Howland Schools Retirees monthly lunch meetings at Enzo’s Restaurant have been canceled until March. COVID-19 and winter weather concerns have been considered in making this decision.
Contact Mary at 330-856-5226 for information or to share news for the group.
JOHNSTON CENTER OPEN: The Johnston Senior Center on state Route 5 in Johnston has reopened. Hours are 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The center is COVID-19 compliant.
Although the lunch program is not available, classes will start the week of Jan. 11. Classes will include yoga, ceramics and woodcraft. Bingo will also be held weekly. Stop in or call 330-924-0412, to reserve your spot.