UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALZHEIMER HELP FOR HOLIDAYS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter is offering virtual education programs in December to help caregivers and family members learn more about managing stress that the holiday season may bring.
“Caregiving Through the Holidays” explains strategies to seek better communication and connection with your loved ones, and suggestions to make the holidays more manageable and enjoyable for yourself. Program dates are 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Dec. 1, and 2 to 3 p.m. Dec. 16.
Pre-registration is required. To register, call 800-272-3900 or visit alz.org/eastohio.
MERCY HEALTH OFFERS DIABETES INFORMATION: November is National Diabetes Awareness Month. For diabetes educational classes, call 330-480-2676, for physical activity, call the Stepping Out Program at 330-480-8659.
Virtual Stepping Out classes are available, along with classes at various locations. Visit www.facebook.com/Steppingoutyoungstown or www.mercy.com/-/media/mercy/youngstown/stepping-out-calendar for the Stepping Out schedule.
MERCY HEALTH FREE ONLINE TOPICS: Mercy Health’s Community Health Education Department is offering free online classes on various health topics.
Email KBrown1@mercy.com for the ZOOM link and an email invitation will be sent. Include the course name, date and time in the email subject line.
• Blood Pressure, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 1 and 3;
• Healthier at Home, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec, 8;
• Cholesterol, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 10 and 15;
• Blood pressure, 2:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 17.
SUGGESTIONS FOR ALZHEIMER’S HELP: The Alzheimer’s Association is the leading voluntary health organization in Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Visit www.alz.org or call the 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
FREE FITNESS PROGRAM: The Stepping Out Program, provided through a grant from the Mercy Health Foundation, offers free fitness classes and activities online and throughout the Mahoning Valley.
For information, call Doris Bullock, project coordinator, at 330-720-3293 or email her at email@example.com.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at Eastwood Mall’s hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, at a new location, next to JCPenney and Kay Jewelers. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. Screenings and programs are open to the public. All classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. Call 330-652-7542 to register. For a limited time, some of the classes will be on St. Joe’s at the Mall Facebook Live page.
St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver and Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
• Cardio Jam group exercise, 8:15 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• New Cardio Jam 2 with Terri Dean, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Silver Sneakers cardio class, 10 a.m. Mondays and 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays;
• Silver Sneakers Classic, 9:30 and 10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays;
• Easy Yoga Class, 11:15 a.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays (cost involved);
• New Yoga class, 1 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays (cost involved);
• Chair Yoga, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, 10 and 11:15 a.m. Wednesdays, and 10 and 11:30 a.m. Fridays;
• Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder Exercise Class, 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Zumba, 8:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays ($3 per class for non-SilverSneakers members);
• Beginning Balance class, 11 a.m. Tuesdays;
• Advance Balance class, 11:15 a.m. and noon Thursdays;
• Strong People gym membership is $24 a month by appointment initially with an exercise physiologist;
• Free blood pressure screenings, 9 a.m. to noon Monday, Wednesday and Friday;
• Free nutritional assessment with a St. Joe’s dietitian on Fridays by appointment only.
• Healthier at Home program with Bridget Lackey, Dec. 2. Call to reserve.
• Walk with the Doc program, 7:45 a.m. Dec. 4 with a Mercy Health doctor. Refreshments and incentives.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical. For more information, contact 330-856-3463.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is providing phone-based or video-based mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers. Visit the PsyCare website at www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
SUPPORT GROUP: For information about the Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, call 330-502-8103.