UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DRIVE-THRU TESTING: ONE Health Ohio will be offering drive-thru COVID-19 testing to those in the Warren community 5 and older from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Oct. 30 at the Lloyd McCoy Community Health Center, 1977 Niles Road SE, Warren.
Pre-registration is required. Participants can secure their spot by contacting the ONE Health Ohio COVID Nurse at 330-884-6122. Pre-registration ends at 11 a.m. Oct. 29.
All participants should have their ID and insurance card available to present upon arrival.
ONE Health Ohio is a Recognized Patient-Centered Medical Home that provides integrated healthcare services, such as medical, dental and behavioral health, across eight health centers located in Youngstown, Warren, Newton Falls, Cortland and Alliance, and three Medication-Assisted Treatment centers in Youngstown, Warren and Newton Falls.
For more information, go to www.onehealthohio.org.
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR HEALTH: The Ohio Association of Health Underwriters issued a reminder that health care open enrollment is under way. For those 65 and older, Medicare enrollment ends Nov. 7; for those younger than 65, Marketplace or ObamaCare enrollment is Nov. 1 to Dec. 15
Employer Plans are generally enrolled in the last quarter.
For assistance with enrollment choices, seek a professional health care insurance agent licensed within Ohio at www.healthbenefitsohio.org or by calling 888-210-4060.
FREE FITNESS PROGRAM: The Stepping Out Program, provided through a grant from the Mercy Health Foundation, offers free fitness classes and activities online and throughout the Mahoning Valley.
For information, call Doris Bullock, project coordinator, at 330-720-3293 or email her at email@example.com.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board will hold a VOY Committee meeting 1 p.m. Thursday. Join the Zoom videoconference at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88541892138?pwd=bG 5NOWgxL0ZMRFk4aDgwMmd YYTZBZz09, with meeting ID 885 4189 2138 and passcode 394417. Dial-in 312- 626-6799 and 929-205-6099.
Other meetings for October include:
• ASAP Coalition meeting, 9:30 a.m. today. Zoom meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88199791176?pwd=MHRlVDZBOG1Dc3pLekdCaGg1UFQxdz09. Meeting ID 881 9979 1176; passcode, 017584. Dial-in 312-626-6799 and 929-205- 6099.
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m. today. Zoom meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84415236213? pwd=b0hYT3Mzb3FBOUtFZT hkYVJiYytoZz09. Meeting ID 844 1523 6213; passcode 761562. Dial-in 312-626-6799 or 929-205-6099.
• Family & Children First Council Executive Board Meeting, 8:30 a.m. Oct. 22, at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/992576381, or by phone at 872-240-3311, access code 992-576-381.
• FCFC Communications and Marketing Committee meeting, 3 to 4 p.m. Thursday, global.gotomeeting.com/join/416904125; or 571-317-3122, access code 416-904-125.
• Prevention Steering Committee, 9 a.m., https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82580671419?pwd=Mjlna04zM1h5aGI4SWRCSnFzQzlMdz09, with meeting ID 825 8067 1419 and passcode 278871; or dial in at 312-626-6799 or 929-205-6099.
• Recovery Housing Meeting, 2 p.m. Oct. 27, https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89657282652?pwd=ZVVSb3pPMjBTcFoyZ2Rsb2JSMVJIQT09, with meeting ID 896 5728 2652 and passcode 792109, or dial in 312- 626-6799 or 929-205-6099.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at the Mall at the Eastwood Mall’s hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, at a new location, next to JCPenney and Kay Jewelers. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. All classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. Call 330-652-7542 to register. For a limited time, some of the classes will be on St. Joe’s at the Mall Facebook Live page.
St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
Classes the weeks of Oct. 5 and 13 include:
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography, 8 to 11:15 a.m. today. The bus will be at St. Joe’s at the Mall parking. Also available is 3D mammography. This screening is covered by most health plans. You may be eligible for financial assistance. Call St. Joe’s at the Mall to schedule your visit;
• Talk With A Doc program, Breast Health Day, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. today. Terri Mellington, a certified nurse practitioner from the Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Cancer Center, will speak. Free lunch. Call the center to register;
• Free notary services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care provided by St. Joseph Warren Hospital palliative care staff, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday;
• Cardio Jam group exercise, 8:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Silver Sneakers cardio class, 10 a.m. Mondays and 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays;
• Silver Sneakers Classic, 9:30 and 10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays;
• Easy Yoga Class, 11:15 a.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays (cost involved);
• Chair Yoga, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, 10 and 11:15 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder Exercise Class, 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Zumba, 8:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays ($3 per class for non-SilverSneakers members);
• Beginning Balance class, 11 a.m. Tuesdays;
• Advance Balance class, 11:15 a.m. and noon Thursdays.
• Strong People gym membership is $24 a month by appointment initially with an exercise physiologist;
• Free blood pressure screenings at various times, call ahead for a slot;
• Free nutritional assessment with a St. Joe’s dietitian on Fridays by appointment only;
• The Healthy Nutrition Program, a six-week camp, to manage weight more effectively; $40 with four weeks or $20 for Silver Sneakers and Renew Active members. The class is taught by registered dietitian Nancy Lambert. Call 330-652-7542 to registers. Class is limited to 15 participants.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical. For more information, contact 330-856-3463.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is providing phone-based or video-based mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers. Visit the PsyCare website at www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
SUPPORT GROUP: For information about the Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, call 330-502-8103.
HELP GROUP: For information about Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually or emotionally for any reason, call 330-898-4295.
LUPUS SUPPORT: For information about the Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group, call 330-978-3749.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ALZHEIMER’S GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by the disease or another form of dementia.
For more information, go to www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/daily-care/daily-care-plan. Help is always available 24/7 at the helpline, 800-272-3900.