UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to email@example.com.
FREE FITNESS PROGRAM: The Stepping Out Program, provided through a grant from the Mercy Health Foundation offers free fitness classes and activities online and throughout the Mahoning Valley.
For information, call Doris Bullock, project coordinator, at 330-720-3293 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board will hold a VOY Committee meeting 1 p.m. Thursday. Join the Zoom videoconference at https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88541892138?pwd=bG5NOWgxL0ZMRFk4aDgwMmdYYTZBZz09, with meeting ID 885 4189 2138 and passcode 394417. Dial-in 312- 626-6799 and 929-205-6099.
Other meetings for October include:
• ASAP Coalition meeting, 9:30 a.m. Oct. 20. Zoom meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88199791176?p wd=MHRlVDZBOG1Dc3pLekd CaGg1UFQxdz09. Meeting ID 881 9979 1176; passcode, 017584. Dial-in 312-626-6799 and 929-205- 6099.
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m. Oct. 20. Zoom meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84415236213?p wd=b0hYT3Mzb3FBOUtFZTh kYVJiYytoZz09. Meeting ID 844 1523 6213; passcode 761562. Dial-in 312-626-6799 or 929-205-6099.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at the Mall at the Eastwood Mall’s new hours are 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, at a new location, next to JCPenney and Kay Jewelers. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. All classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. Call 330-652-7542 to register. For a limited time, some of the classes will be on St. Joe’s at the Mall Facebook Live page.
St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
Classes the weeks of Oct. 5 and 13 include:
• Cardio Jam group exercise, 8:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Silver Sneakers cardio class, 10 a.m. Mondays and 10:15 a.m. Wednesdays;
• Silver Sneakers Classic, 9:30 and 10:45 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays;
• Easy Yoga Class, 11:15 a.m. Mondays and 10 a.m. Thursdays (cost involved);
• Chair Yoga, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, 10 and 11:15 a.m. Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Parkinson’s and Movement Disorder Exercise Class, 11:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Zumba, 8:15 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays ($3 per class for non-SilverSneakers members);
• Beginning Balance class, 11 a.m. Tuesdays;
• Advance Balance class, 11:15 a.m. and noon Thursdays.
• Strong People gym membership is $24 a month by appointment initially with an exercise physiologist;
• Free blood pressure screenings at various times, call ahead for a slot;
• Free nutritional assessment with a St. Joe’s dietitian on Fridays by appointment only;
• The Healthy Nutrition Program, a six-week camp, to manage weight more effectively; $40 with four weeks or $20 for Silver Sneakers and Renew Active members. The class is taught by registered dietitian Nancy Lambert. Call 330-652-7542 to registers. Class is limited to 15 participants;
• Medicare 101 with insurance broker Dominic Mararri Sr., 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. today. Call St. Joe’s at the Mall to register;
• Free bone density screening, 9 a.m. to noon today. No appointment necessary;
• Free notary services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care provided by St. Joseph Warren Hospital palliative care staff, 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday;
• Free blood sugar screenings (eight-hour fast required), 8:30 to 11 a.m. Oct. 19. Walk in;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography, 8 to 11:15 a.m. Oct. 20. The bus will be at St. Joe’s at the Mall parking. Also available is 3D mammography. This screening is covered by most health plans. You may be eligible for financial assistance. Call St. Joe’s at the Mall to schedule your visit;
• Talk With A Doc program, Breast Health Day, 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. Oct. 20, Terri Mellington, a certified nurse practitioner from the Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Cancer Center, will speak. Free lunch. Call the center to register;
• Free notary services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care provided by St. Joseph Warren Hospital palliative care staff, 1 to 4 p.m. Oct. 22.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical. For more information, contact 330-856-3463.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is providing phone-based or video-based mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers. Visit the PsyCare website at www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
SUPPORT GROUP: For information about the Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, call 330-502-8103.
HELP GROUP: For information about Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually or emotionally for any reason, call 330-898-4295.
LUPUS SUPPORT: For information about the Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group, call 330-978-3749.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ALZHEIMER’S GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by the disease or another form of dementia.
For more information, go to www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/daily-care/daily-care-plan. Help is always available 24/7 at the helpline, 800-272-3900.