NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Newton Falls Senior Center, 612 Broad St, Newton Falls.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday. Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
• Today — Garlic butter haddock, wheat bread, Tuscan mac and cheese, green beans, coleslaw, peaches, ice cream.
• Monday — Bacon burger, BBQ butter beans, carrots, macaroni salad, fruit juice box, sherbet
• Tuesday — Chicken breast with gravy, biscuit, whipped potatoes, mixed vegetables, mandarin oranges, pudding
• Wednesday — Mild buffalo chicken salad, shredded lettuce, potato salad, cucumber salad, fresh fruit and angel food.
• Thursday — Gnocchi gratin with ham, wheat dinner roll, peas, chilled beets, warm cinnamon apples, vanilla dots
• Oct. 2 — Southwest meatloaf, wheat bread, au gratin potatoes, creamed corn, pineapple tidbits, fresh-baked cookie
FALL PREVENTION GUIDE: The Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of EMS joined with the Ohio Injury Prevention Partnership and released an updated “Elderly Fall Prevention Resource Guide” for EMS providers and the general public. Download a copy of the guide at www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/EMS5934.pdf.
SENIOR RIDES: Applications to use the senior rides services are available by calling Diane Siskowic-Jurkovic, Trumbull County senior levy administrator, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 330-675-7846, by emailing her at SLJurkov@co.trumbull.oh.us, or online at http://seniorlevyser vice.co.trumbull.oh.us. They also can be picked up at Trumbull County SCOPE Centers in Warren, Howland, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown and Niles.
For rides, seniors can call:
• Comfort Care-A-Van, 330-744-4145, for wheelchair trips or any other trip over 10 miles;
• All American USA Taxi, 330-395-3226, for non-wheelchair rides 10 miles or less;
• Country Neighbor, 440-437-6311, for any trip originating in the northern tier of the county;
• Garwin Inc., 330-534-1335, for non-wheelchair rides 10 miles or fewer.
RSVP IN THE VALLEY: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Mahoning Valley is a national service program for individuals 55 and older who want to volunteer in Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
For more information, contact program coordinator Leah Sakacs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 330-480-0352, Ext. 3.
NEW SITE: The Lordstown SCOPE Center previously located at Lordstown Elementary School has relocated and become the Newton Falls SCOPE, 612 Broad St., Newton Falls.