UPDATE YOUR LISTING: To update information, resubmit your health notes by email to email@example.com.
SKIN CANCER PROGRAM: The Jewish Community Center, 505 Gypsy Lane, Youngstown, will offer “Skin Cancer: Risks, Signs and Precautions” from noon to 12:45 p.m. Friday.
Thaer Khalaf, a medical student at the University of Antigua College of Medicine, will discuss skin cancer and related skin conditions. The program is free but registration is required by Wednesday. Visit jccyoungstown.org to register.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trum bullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical.
For more information, contact 330-856-3463.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at the Mall at the Eastwood Mall summer hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Many of St. Joe’s Fitness classes are being offered on Facebook at www.facebook.com/St-Joes-at-the-Mall-578312085547827. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. All classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
The schedule, including fitness classes on Facebook, is:
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday, by appointment only;
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday, walk in;
• Chair yoga, 10:15 a.m., Monday and Friday;
• Parkinson’s exercise, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday and Friday;
• Strength exercise, 9 a.m. Wednesday;
• SilverSneaker cardio, 9 a.m. Wednesday;
• Advance balance class, 11:30 a.m. Thursday;
• Cardio Jam, 9 a.m. Monday and Friday;
• Stretching class, 8 a.m. Thursday;
• SilverSneakers class, 10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday;
• Strength training class, 10:15 a.m. Friday;
• Call ahead for free blood pressure screening;
• Strong People gym membership monthly fees $24 by appointment initially with exercise physiologist;
• Free blood pressure screenings with appointment;
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian on Fridays, by appointment only;
• Just Walk With A Doc, 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. Friday, with Dr. Amrita Dhanoa. Giveaways for those that register ahead of time and refreshments;
• Free bone density screening, 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 8. No appointment necessary;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care, 9 a.m. to noon Sept. 9. No appointment necessary.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is providing phone-based or video-based mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers. Visit the PsyCare website at www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
SUPPORT GROUP: For information about the Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, call 330-502-8103.
HELP GROUP: For information about Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually or emotionally for any reason, call 330-898-4295.
LUPUS SUPPORT: For information about the Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group, call 330-978-3749.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ALZHEIMER’S GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by the disease or another form of dementia.
For more information, go to www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/daily-care/daily-care-plan. Help is always available 24/7 at the helpline, 800-272-3900.
VIRTUAL WALKING PROGRAM: The American Heart Association and Sharon Regional Medical Center are providing a free, virtual community walking program that gets people moving during the pandemic.
The initiative, called “Healthy For Good,” will run through the Mercer / Lawrence Heart Walk on Sept. 26. Anyone can join the group through the Healthy Steps Virtual Walking Program Facebook page.
For more information about the walking program, contact Jessica Doudrick at the American Heart Association at 717-891-8122 or Lisa DiMuccio-Zgela at Sharon Regional Medical Center at 724-983-7474.