UPDATE YOUR LISTING: Submit your health notes by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ADDICTION HELP: Parkman Recovery Center, 4930 Enterprise Drive NW, Warren, is providing in-person treatment for substance use disorders. For an appointment or more information, call 330-787-0955.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical. For more information, contact 330-856-3463.
TCMHRB SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board meeting schedule in July is:
• Today — Recovery housing meeting. Join Zoom Meeting at us02web.zoom.us/j/89657282652?pwd=ZVVSb3pPMjBTcFoyZ2Rsb2JSMVJIQT09.
Meeting ID: 896 5728 2652; Password: 792109.
Dial by your location at 312-626-6799 US (Chicago); 929-205-6099 US (New York). The meeting ID is 896 5728 2652 and the password is 792109. Find your local number at us02 web.zoom.us/u/kCOnT56VC.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at the Mall at the Eastwood Mall summer hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Many of St. Joe’s Fitness classes are being offered on Facebook at www.facebook.com/St-Joes-at-the-Mall-578312085547827. All classes are open to anyone with a St. Joe’s at the Mall membership. All classes are by registration only due to social distancing guidelines. St. Joe’s at the Mall is a SilverSneakers, Silver & Fit, and Renew Active site. For more information, call 330-652-7542.
The schedule, including fitness classes on Facebook, is:
• Chair yoga, 10:15 a.m., Monday and Friday;
• Parkinson’s exercise, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday and Friday;
• Strength exercise, 9 a.m. Wednesday;
• SilverSneaker cardio, 9 a.m. Wednesday;
• Advance balance class, 11:30 a.m. Thursday;
• Cardio Jam, 9 a.m. Monday and Friday;
• Stretching class, 8 a.m. Thursday;
• SilverSneakers class, 10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday;
• Strength training class, 10:15 a.m. Friday;
• Call ahead for free blood pressure screening;
• Strong People gym membership monthly fees $24 by appointment initially with exercise physiologist.
• Free blood pressure screenings with appointment.
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian on Fridays by appointment only.
• Diabetes Education, 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Deb Hlad, Manager of Mercy Health Diabetes Education programs will be speaking. Call to reserve as seating is limited. Light lunch $2.
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday. Nurse will measure blood flow to the legs by doing Ankle Brachial Index. By appointment only.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday(July 30). Completed this day with help from Palliative Care staff.
• Free nutritional assessment with a dietitian on Fridays by appointment.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is providing phone-based or video-based mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers. Visit the PsyCare website at www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
VALLEY COUNSELING OPERATING: Valley Counseling Services continues to provide mental health services to residents of the Mahoning Valley during the viral outbreak. Necessary precautions will be taken to keep clients and staff safe.
Most services will be phone-based or video-based. Clients do not need to cancel their appointment. Instead they will receive therapy, case management, nursing and psychiatry services in the safety of their home.
Visit the website at vcs.fcsserves.org or call 330-399-6451 for more information.
SUPPORT GROUP: For information about the Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, call 330-502-8103.
HELP GROUP: For information about Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually or emotionally for any reason, call 330-898-4295.
LUPUS SUPPORT: For information about the Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group, call 330-978-3749.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ONE HEALTH OFFERS TELEHEALTH: ONE Health Ohio offers telehealth appointments to patients for medical, behavioral health, chronic care management, dietetics and medication-assisted treatment services. Call 877-722-3303 or visit www.onehealthohio.org.
Telehealth appointments for medication-assisted treatment and counseling are available through RISE Recovery by contacting 844-652-8219. RISE Recovery also remains open for in-office visits, dependent on appointment type.
ALZHEIMER’S GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by the disease or another form of dementia.
For more information, go to www.alz.org/help-support/caregiving/daily-care/daily-care-plan. Help is always available 24/7 at the helpline, 800-272-3900.