SUPPORT GROUP CONFERENCE CALL: Help Network of Northeast Ohio will hold a survivors of suicide support group 6 p.m. Wednesday by conference call.
Anyone grieving the death of a loved one to suicide may email email@example.com to register for the conference call.
DISEASE SELF-MANAGEMENT: Direction Home of Eastern Ohio is offering a Chronic Disease Self-Management Program workshop through Healthy U in a call format to assist in efforts to provide social engagement and education in the times of social distancing.
This course is designed to help find ways to deal with everyday problems related to chronic conditions. Topics include techniques to deal with frustration, fatigue, pain, and isolation; appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility and endurance; appropriate use of medication; and how to communicate to family, friends and health professionals about chronic conditions.
The workshop is for people 60 or older living in Ashtabula, Trumbull, Mahoning or Columbiana counties. Group sessions via telephone last 30 minutes once a week for six weeks. Call or email Mallory Wiand at 330-505-2340 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for this course. A free information and skills kit will be mailed to participants prior to the course.
Healthy U is the name used in Ohio for evidence-based chronic disease self-management workshops developed at Stanford University.
VIRTUAL WALKING PROGRAM: The American Heart Association and Sharon Regional Medical Center are providing a free, virtual community walking program that gets people moving during the pandemic.
The initiative, called “Healthy For Good,” will run through the Mercer / Lawrence Heart Walk on Sept. 26. Anyone can join the group through the Healthy Steps Virtual Walking Program Facebook page.
For more information about the walking program, contact Jessica Doudrick at the American Heart Association at 717-891-8122 or Lisa DiMuccio-Zgela at Sharon Regional Medical Center at 724-983-7474.
ADDICTION HELP: Parkman Recovery Center, 4930 Enterprise Drive NW, Warren, is providing in-person treatment for substance use disorders.
For an appointment or more information, call 330-787-0955.
ADDICTION HELP: Addiction help is available through Coleman Access Center, 552 N. Park Ave., Warren. For information, call 330-392-1100 or 211.
For information about program sponsor, Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, visit www.trumbullmhrb.org or call 330-675-2765.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support groups are available for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical.
For more information, contact 330-856-3463.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: St. Joe’s at the Mall in the Eastwood Mall is reopening with a phased approach.
Summer hours have changed to 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The new location is next to JCPenney and Kay’s Jewelers. Many of St. Joe’s Fitness classes are being offered on the Facebook page, www.facebook.com/St-Joes-at-the-Mall-578312085547827.
For information, call 330-652-7542.
• Wednesday: The gym will be open to members only. No new memberships will be granted at this time. Enter only at the front lobby with a mask on. Temperatures will be taken and well question checks made at that time for all. Face masks are encouraged when social distancing is unavoidable. Exit only through Target hallway door.
The schedule, including fitness classes on Facebook, is:
• Chair yoga, 10:15 a.m., Monday and Friday;
• Parkinson’s exercise, 11:30 a.m. Wednesday and Friday;
• Strength exercise, 9 a.m. Wednesday;
• SilverSneaker cardio, 9 a.m. Wednesday;
• Advance balance class, 11:30 a.m. Thursday;
• Cardio Jam, 9 a.m. Monday and Friday;
• Stretching class, 8 a.m. Thursday;
• SilverSneakers Classic, 10 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday;
• Free bone density screening, 9 a.m. to noon today. No appointment necessary;
• Talk With a Doc program, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday, with Dr. Joseph Francisco, podiatrist, who will address “Foot Problems as We Get Older.” Call to register. Box lunch $2;
• Free adult hearing screenings by appointment Thursday, by a Mercy Health Audiologist. Call to reserve a time.
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. June 25. Nurse will measure blood flow to the legs using the Ankle Brachial Index. Appointment only.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care is offered 1 to 4 p.m. June 25. Walk in.
PSYCARE OFFERING TELEHEALTH: PsyCare is continuing to provide mental health services through its clinics in Austintown, Boardman, Cortland, East Liverpool, Howland, Liberty and Struthers. Services will be phone- or video-based in order to keep clients and staff safe.
Visit www.psycare.com or call 800-242-4604.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers a clinical therapy program to treat individuals with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.