SCOPE CONSULTATIONS: SCOPE Senior Services offers free consultations during the COVID-19 crisis on reviewing changes to retirement health insurance.
For issues or questions dealing with Medicare, prescriptions and hospitalization benefits, call Marge Haley at the Warren Senior Center at 330-399-8846, Ext. 208.
SCOPE LONELINESS INITIATIVE: SCOPE Senior Services is partnering with the We Thrive Together Isolation and Loneliness Initiative to bring video classes to the seniors.
For a complete list of weekly activities visit WeThrive Together.org.
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED: Individuals or organizations willing to partner Shepherd of the Valley to provide goods or services to homebound seniors may contact Danielle Procopio at 330-530-4038, Ext. 2057, or email her at dprocopio@ shepherdofthevalley.com.
Seniors in need of help should call the Help Network of Northeast Ohio at 211.
For more information about Shepherd of the Valley’s response to COVID-19, visit www.shepherdofthevalley.com/covid19/
CENTER CLOSED: The Johnston Senior Center is closed during the COVID-19 outbreak. If someone is in need of services, call the center at 330- 924-0412 and leave a message.
ALZHEIMER HELP ONLINE: The Alzheimer’s Association’s online Community Resource Finder, at alz.org/crf, provides ZIP code specific information on topics such as care at home, community services and housing options.
In Ohio, the Alzheimer’s Association offers numerous caregiver support groups, which have shifted to a virtual platform. In addition, a number of dial-in telephone support groups have been added for additional support. Telephone support groups provide emotional, educational and social support for caregivers through regularly scheduled meetings.
To learn about support groups and community education programs, go to alz.org/crf, or contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
• Today: Southwest meatloaf, wheat bread, au gratin potatoes, creamed corn, pineapple tidbits, cookie;
• Monday: Pulled pork, sandwich bun, ranch potatoes, Hawaiian coleslaw, cinnamon applesauce, ice cream;
• Tuesday: Parmesan chicken breast, lemon asparagus rotini, wheat dinner roll, green beans, tossed salad, fruited gelatin;
• Wednesday: Pot roast with gravy, biscuit, parsley buttered potatoes, carrots, fresh fruit, ambrosia;
• Thursday: Cobb salad with chicken, cheddar cheese, egg, bacon, croutons and ranch dressing, wheat bread, mixed greens, peaches, mini loaf;
• April 24: Baked cabbage roll with sauce, wheat bread, whipped potatoes, corn, pineapple tidbits, cherry cupcake.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull 911.co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at erdivies@ co.trumbull.oh.us, or at 330-675-7966.