FALL PREVENTION CLASS: Girard Community Center is hosting a Matter of Balance, an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels, from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, and March 19, 24, 26 and 31 at the Liberty Township Building. Materials and snacks will be provided.
Registration is required and seating is limited. Call Jen at the center, 330-545-6596, for more information.
TMH RETIREES TO MEET: A luncheon meeting of the TMH Retirees Club will be held 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Buena Vista Cafe in Warren. Mile Wilson from SCOPE senior centers will present a program portraying President William McKinley.
All retirees and former employees of Trumbull Memorial Hospital, now Trumbull Regional Medical Center, are welcome. For reservations or further information, contact Melissa Grabowski at 234-806-3062.
PERI MEETING: A PERI monthly meeting will be held at 11:15 a.m. Wednesday at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 North River Road NE, Warren. Guest speaker will be Dr. Benjamin Kulper, who will be speaking about the coronavirus. There will be a question-and-answer period following his talk.
Reservations are a must by Sunday by calling Barb at 330-372-2603 or Virginia at 330-898-3625.
WORKSHOP ON HEALTH: Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., invites all active Trumbull County Seniors to a free workshop on heart health 10:30 a.m. Thursday. Drayer Physical Therapy of Howland is hosting the workshop, which will cover heart health and a conduct a cardiovascular endurance exercise.
For more information, contact Marge at 330-399-8846.
RETIREES TO MEET: Retirees of UFCW Local 880 Retail Clerks will hold their St. Patrick’s Day Dinner 1 p.m. Tuesday at Cafe 422 in Warren. Cost is $12 per dinner. Guests are welcome.
For more information, contact Karen at 330-502-2103.
TAX-AIDE AVAILABLE: AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free tax-assistance and preparation service, offering tax preparation help to anyone — AARP members and nonmembers — who cannot afford a tax preparation service.
Below is a listing of eight Trumbull County sites for the 2020 tax season. Volunteers are trained and equipped by AARP and certified by the IRS, and will prepare federal and state returns through April 15.
Tax preparation is free for low- to moderate-income individuals, families and seniors. Those using the service need to have with them a photo ID, Social Security cards, last year’s return, income information and Affordable Care Act Forms 1095.
• Warren SCOPE Center, 375 North Park Ave., Warren — 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday; 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
• Hubbard Library, 436 W. Liberty St., Hubbard — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays. Appointment required, 330-534-3512.
• Niles SCOPE, 14 E. State St., Niles — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays. Appointment required, 330-544-3676.
• Howland Township Building, 205 Niles Cortland Road, Warren — 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard — 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Appointment required, 330-545-6596.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salts Springs Road, Lordstown — 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
• Otterbein United Methodist Church, 1128 State Road, Warren — 9 to 11:30 a.m.
• Liberty Township Building, 1315 Churchill Hubbard Road, Liberty — 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
• Today: Smoky barbecue burger with cheddar cheese and crispy onions, sandwich bun, sweet puffs, broccoli and cauliflower, pineapple tidbits, cherry cupcake;
• Monday: Seasoned chicken taco meat, cheese and lettuce, white rice, tortilla chips, fiesta veggies, fresh fruit, gelatin;
• Tuesday: Pot roast with gravy, wheat bread, parsley buttered potatoes, mixed vegetables, mixed fruit, ice cream;
• Wednesday: Mango barbecue chicken breast, dinner roll, brown rice, island blend vegetables, sweet-and-sour coleslaw, Mandarin oranges, spice cupcake;
• Thursday: Baked cabbage roll, wheat bread, whipped potatoes, carrots, applesauce, cookie;
• March 13: White chicken chili, biscuit, confetti corn, warm peaches, pudding.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911 .co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 330-675-7966.
SENIOR RIDES: Applications to use the senior rides services are available by calling Diane Siskowic-Jurkovic, Trumbull County senior levy administrator, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 330-675-7846, by emailing her at SLJurkov@co.trumbul l.oh.us, or online at seniorlevyservice.co.trumbull.oh.us. They also can be picked up at Trumbull County SCOPE Centers in Warren, Howland, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown and Niles.
For rides, seniors can call:
• Comfort Care-A-Van, 330-744-4145, for wheelchair trips or any other trip over 10 miles;
• All American USA Taxi, 330-395-3226, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less;
• Country Neighbor, 440-437-6311, for any trip originating in the northern tier of the county;
• Garwin Inc., 330-534-1335, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less.
RSVP IN THE VALLEY: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Mahoning Valley is a national service program for individuals 55 and older who want to volunteer in Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
For more, contact program coordinator Leah Sakacs at email@example.com or at 330-480-0352, Ext. 3.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.
For information, call director Millie Ritz at 330-288-0015 or firstname.lastname@example.org.