SCHOOL RETIREES TO MEET: Howland Schools Retirees will meet for lunch and a brief meeting 11 a.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant. All Howland Schools classified and nonclassified retirees are welcome to attend along with spouses or guests. Cost of the lunch is payable at the door. There will be four entrees from which to choose.
The group’s collection this month will be delivered to Someplace Safe. Nonperishable foods for winter meals, personal care items for women and children, and paper household products are needed.
Call Mary at 330-856-5226 for more information or to share news to include in the newsletter if you cannot attend the lunch.
STEELWORKERS RETIREES TO MEET: SOAR 27-2 and 27-6, Local Union 1330 and 1331, will meet 1 p.m. Monday at Smith Corner United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Niles Canfield Road.
Refreshments will be served. New members are welcome.
FALL PREVENTION CLASS: Girard Community Center is hosting a Matter of Balance, an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels, from 1 to 3 p.m. Tuesday, Thursday, and March 10, 12, 19, 24, 26 and 31 at the Liberty Township Building. Materials and snacks will be provided.
Registration is required and seating is limited. Call Jen at the center, 330-545-6596, more information.
TMH RETIREES TO MEET: A luncheon meeting of the TMH Retirees Club will be held at 11:30 a.m. March 9 at the Buena Vista Cafe in Warren. Mile Wilson from SCOPE senior centers will present a program portraying President William McKinley.
All retirees and former employees of Trumbull Memorial Hospital, now Trumbull Regional Medical Center, are welcome. For reservations or further information, contact Melissa Grabowski at 234-806-3062.
WORKSHOP ON HEALTH: Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., invites all active Trumbull County Seniors to a free workshop on heart health 10:30 a.m. March 12. Drayer Physical Therapy of Howland is hosting the workshop, which will cover heart health and a conduct a cardiovascular endurance exercise.
For more information, contact Marge at 330-399-8846.
TAX-AIDE AVAILABLE: AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free tax assistance and preparation service, offering tax preparation help to anyone — AARP members and nonmembers — who cannot afford a tax preparation service.
Below is a listing of eight Trumbull County sites for the 2020 tax season. Volunteers are trained and equipped by AARP and certified by the IRS, and will prepare federal and state returns through April 15.
Tax preparation is free for low- to moderate-income individuals, families and seniors. Those using the service need to have with them a photo ID, Social Security cards, last year’s return, income information and Affordable Care Act Forms 1095.
• Warren SCOPE Center, 375 North Park Ave., Warren — 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday; 4 to 7 p.m. Tuesdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
• Hubbard Library, 436 W. Liberty St., Hubbard — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays. Appointment required, 330-534-3512.
• Niles SCOPE, 14 E. State St., Niles — 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fridays. Appointment required, 330-544-3676.
• Howland Township Building, 205 Niles Cortland Road, Warren — 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Tuesdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard — 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Appointment required, 330-545-6596.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salts Springs Road, Lordstown — 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Thursdays. Appoint required, 330-399-8846.
• Otterbein United Methodist Church, 1128 State Road, Warren — 9 to 11:30 a.m.
• Liberty Township Building, 1315 Churchill Hubbard Road, Liberty — 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays. Appointment required, 330-399-8846.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
• Today: Seafood macaroni and cheese, dinner roll, stewed tomatoes, peas, fresh fruit, pudding;
• Monday: Creamy chicken and veggies, mini biscuit, dumplings, pepper slaw, cinnamon applesauce, ice cream;
• Tuesday: Meatballs and sauce, baked ziti, green beans, wheat bread, tomato and cucumber salad, mixed fruit, mini loaf;
• Wednesday: Sweet and sour roasted pork, dinner roll, rice pilaf, stir fry blend, tossed salad with ranch dressing, fruit juice box, ambrosia;
• Thursday: Open-faced turkey sandwich with gravy, wheat bread, whipped potatoes, peas and carrots, fresh fruit, banana pudding;
• March 6: Smokey barbecue burger with cheddar cheese and crispy onions, sandwich bun, sweet puffs, broccoli and cauliflower, pineapple tidbits, cherry cupcake.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull. oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at email@example.com. oh.us, or at 330-675-7966.
SENIOR RIDES: Applications to use the senior rides services are available by calling Diane Siskowic-Jurkovic, Trumbull County senior levy administrator, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 330-675-7846, by emailing her at SLJurkov@co.trumbull.oh.us, or online at seniorlevyservice. co.trumbull.oh.us. They also can be picked up at Trumbull County SCOPE Centers in Warren, Howland, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown and Niles.
For rides, seniors can call:
• Comfort Care-A-Van, 330-744-4145, for wheelchair trips or any other trip over 10 miles;
• All American USA Taxi, 330-395-3226, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less;
• Country Neighbor, 440-437-6311, for any trip originating in the northern tier of the county.