TMH LUNCHEON: A luncheon meeting of the TMH Retirees Club will be held 11:30 a.m. Monday at the Buena Vista Cafe in Warren. The program will be presented by Doris Bullock from St. Joe’s at the Mall. All Trumbull Memorial Hospital (Trumbull Regional Medical Center) retirees and former employees are welcome.
For reservations or further information, contact Melissa Grabowski at 234-806-3062.
ANGELS NEEDED: Guardian Angels of Trumbull County, a volunteer program of the Trumbull County Probate Court, is looking for volunteers. Angel volunteers receive training to become advocates who reach out as friends to seniors who may need a phone call, a visit in a nursing home or a visit at home. Angels also are involved in planning special events for seniors.
The next meeting is 5 p.m. Nov. 12 at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-675-2521 or go to www.trumbull probate.org.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Roast beef with au jus, sandwich bun, Swiss cheese, potato wedges, broccoli and carrots, mixed fruit, lemon cupcake;
MONDAY: Closed for Veterans Day;
TUESDAY: Chicken divan, wheat bread, white rice, lima beans, tossed salad with French dressing, peaches, cookie;
WEDNESDAY: Cottage pie, biscuit, whipped potatoes, coleslaw, cinnamon apples, ice cream;
THURSDAY: Cold Greek chicken salad with diced chicken, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives and Italian dressing, dinner roll, pears, mini muffin;
NOV. 15: Baked ham with pineapple glaze, wheat bread, sweet potatoes, Harvard beets, fresh fruit, gelatin.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provides seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
YARN NEEDED: Area SCOPE Centers are in need of yarn and fabric for their needle arts programs. Yarn can be delivered to any SCOPE or call 330-399-8846 for pickup.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at email@example.com, or at 330-675-7966.
SENIOR RIDES: Applications to use the senior rides services are available by calling Diane Siskowic-Jurkovic, Trumbull County senior levy administrator, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 330-675-7846, by emailing her at SLJurkov@co.trumbull.oh.us, or online at seniorlevyservice. co.trumbull.oh.us. They also can be picked up at Trumbull County SCOPE Centers in Warren, Howland, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown and Niles.
For rides, seniors can call:
• Comfort Care-A-Van, 330-744-4145, for wheelchair trips or any other trip over 10 miles;
• All American USA Taxi, 330-395-3226, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less;
• Country Neighbor, 440-437-6311, for any trip originating in the northern tier of the county;
• Garwin Inc., 330-534-1335, for non-wheelchair rides 10 miles or less.
RSVP IN THE VALLEY: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Mahoning Valley is a national service program for individuals 55 and older who want to volunteer in Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
For more, contact program coordinator Leah Sakacs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 330-480-0352, Ext. 3.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays.
For information, call director Millie Ritz at 330-288-0015 or email@example.com.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion.
For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. There is a coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m. Meals are offered Monday through Friday through the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs.
• Movies in the parlor, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the block, 10 a.m. Tuesdays.