CHRONIC FATIGUE MEETING: The Chronic Fatigue and Fibromyalgia Support Group will meet 6:30 p.m. Nov. 18 at First Presbyterian Church in Warren.
For more information, call Judy at 330-872-7206.
ALZHEIMER RECEIVES GATES GRANT: Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates joined the Alzheimer’s Association’s “Part the Cloud” global research grant program led by philanthropist Mikey Hoag. Gates’ award of $10 million will stimulate an additional $20 million in funding through Part the Cloud, doubling the total seven-year clinical research investments to $60 million in one year.
The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter provides a number of free local services, including a 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900, speakers for organizations, one-on-one care planning, and caregiver support groups.
For additional information, visit alz.org/eastohio.
PFLAG MEETING: Youngstown Area PFLAG will have its monthly support meeting 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. today at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown. Meetings are free and confidential. Directions and a map can be found at the chapter website www.youngstownpflag.org.
HEALTH EATING: Mercy Health Community Health Education is offering a Healthy Eating for YOU program from 2 to 4 p.m. Wednesday at Howland Medical Center. The program is free, led by a registered dietitian nutritionist.
Call 330-480-3070 to register and for more information.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by any form of dementia.
• Howland — 7 p.m. second Tuesday of the month, Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE;
• Warren — 10 a.m. third Wednesday, Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Conference Room F, 1350 E. Market St.
Groups meet monthly. For more information or to confirm, contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24/7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
PEER TO PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support group for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical — is 6 to 7 p.m. the third Sunday of the month at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Howland.
For more information, contact the church office at 330-856-3463.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
TRUMBULL MENTAL HEALTH AND RECOVERY BOARD: Trumbull Mental Health and Recovery Board monthly meeting calendar is as follows:
Date Meeting Place Time
• Today — 3 p.m., Suicide Prevention Coalition, TMHA first floor conference room B;
• Today — 4:30 p.m., Budget and Finance Committee, Board Conference Room;
• Wednesday — NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m., TMHA First Floor Conference Room B;
• Nov. 19 — 9:30 a.m., ASAP Coalition, TMHA first floor conference room A;
• Nov. 19 — 4:30 p.m., Board of Directors Meeting, TMHA first floor conference room;
• July 26 — Recovery Housing Meeting, 2 p.m. TMHA first floor conference room A;
• Nov. 28 — Thanksgiving Day. office closed;
• Nov. 29 — Office Close.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness. Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542.
• Special Program on “Stop the Bleed” — 5:30 p.m. today, for a class on how to prevent death from uncontrollable bleeding. Facilitated by Amanda Lencyk, RN, trauma coordinator at St. Elizabeth Youngstown. Call to register;
• Talk With a Doc program — 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday with Dr. Abed Al Hout speaking on vaccinations, pneumonia, shingles, flu and whooping cough. Call to register;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday;
• Free blood sugar screenings — 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Nov. 20, general health panel (eight-hour fast required) and / or complete blood count, $10 each, cash only. Walk in;
• Balloon kyphoplasty: Dealing with compression fractures of the spine — 12:30 p.m. Nov. 20. Call to register. Light lunch for small fee.
STEPPING OUT: The November schedule for the Mercy Health Foundation’s Stepping Out Program, is as follows for Trumbull County.
This Program is provided through a grant from the Mercy Health Foundation
• Yoga, 9 to 10 a.m., Trumbull Family Fitness (TFF), 210 High St. NW Warren, 330-394-1565;
• Senior aerobics, 10 to 11 a.m., Niles Wellness Center (NWC), 213 Sharkey Drive, Niles, 330-349-9355;
• Zumba, 4:30 to 5:30 p.m., Grace AME Church, 1137 Main Ave. SW, Warren,
• Line dancing, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m., AME, Warren;
• Core / Cardio Craze, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., AME, Warren.
• Twinkle Toes Tuesday (line dancing), 5 to 7 p.m., TFF, Warren;
• Line Dancing, 6 to 8 p.m., NWC, Niles;
• Senior aerobics, 10 to 11 a.m., NWC, Niles;
• Cycling, noon to 1 p.m., TFF, Warren;
• Walking class, 2 to 3 p.m., AME, Warren;
• Kick-Butt Kettlebell, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., TFF, Warren;
• Zumba, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., NWC, Niles;
• Line dancing, 6 to 8 p.m., TFF, Warren;
• Senior aerobics, 10 to 11 a.m., NWC, Niles;
• Water aerobics, 10:45 to 11:45 a.m., TFF, Warren;
• Bodied by Ava Bootcamp, 9 to 10 a.m., TFF, Warren;
Stepping Out Health Screenings only are being held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Nov. 18, AME.
For information or scheduling with a nutritional educator or personal trainer, call Doris Bullock, project coordinator, at 330-720-3293 or 330-480-8659, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.