HEALTH EATING: Mercy Health Community Health Education is offering a Healthy Eating for YOU program from 2 to 4 p.m. Nov. 13 at Howland Medical Center.
The program is free and led by a registered dietitian nutritionist. The program will address questions such as how much should you eat, what is in the food you eat and why do you eat what you eat.
Call 330-480-3070 to register and for more information.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www.nar cononnewliferetreat.org/blog/ intervention-101.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, offers clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome. Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
LUPUS SUPPORT: Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group will meet at 6 p.m. Nov. 12 at Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. For more information on the free group, contact Rhonda at 330-978-3749.
ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by any form of dementia.
• Howland — 7 p.m. second Tuesday of the month, Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE;
• Warren — 10 a.m. third Wednesday, Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Conference Room F, 1350 E. Market St.
Groups meet monthly. For more information or to confirm, contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24 / 7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
SOMEPLACE SAFE PROGRAM: Someplace Safe Inc. Support Group, open to all survivors of domestic / intimate partner violence, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every other week through Nov. 13. A complete schedule of dates and meeting places will be posted on the Facebook page, or contact Susan at 330-393-3005. Refreshments will be provided.
For child care, ages 5 to 14, call Alyssa Norman at the above number.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
PEER TO PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support group for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical — is 6 to 7 p.m. the third Sunday of the month at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Howland.
For more information, contact the church office at 330-856-3463.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m., third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness. Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL: Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542.
• Medicare enrollment information program — 12:30 p.m. today;
• Free carotid arteries or abdominal aortic aneruysm screening — 8:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday. For those at risk and meet criteria. By appointment only. All others for a fee;
• Coping with Grief and the Holidays — 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, with Kim Calhoun, licensed social worker and grief support specialist from Hospice of the Valley. Call 330-549-5901 to register.