FIREFIGHTER TO SPEAK: Johnston Township firefighter Jamison Conley will present a program 11 a.m. to noon Sept. 24 at the Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, Cortland, on the history of the Johnston Township Fire Department, the current services, and safety topics for in and out of the home for seniors. Call 330-924-0412 to register.
SENIOR RIDES: Applications to use the senior rides services are available by calling Diane Siskowic-Jurkovic, Trumbull County senior levy administrator, 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday at 330-675-7846, by emailing her at SLJurkov@co.trumbull .oh.us, or online at http:// seniorlevyservice.co.trumbull .oh.us. They also can be picked up at Trumbull County SCOPE Centers in Warren, Howland, Champion, Cortland, Lordstown and Niles.
For rides, seniors can call:
• Comfort Care-A-Van, 330-744-4145, for wheelchair trips or any other trip over 10 miles;
• All American USA Taxi, 330-395-3226, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less;
• Country Neighbor, 440-437-6311, for any trip originating in the northern tier of the county;
• Garwin Inc., 330-534-1335, for nonwheelchair rides 10 miles or less.
RSVP IN THE VALLEY: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Mahoning Valley is a national service program for individuals 55 and older who want to volunteer in Mahoning and Trumbull counties.
For more, contact program coordinator Leah Sakacs at email@example.com or at 330-480-0352, Ext. 3.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Penne with meatballs and sauce, white bread, green beans, tossed salad with Italian dressing, fresh fruit, strawberry cupcake;
MONDAY: Omelet with cheese, turkey sausage, English muffin with jelly, breakfast potatoes, cinnamon apples, fruit juice, pudding;
TUESDAY: Cold ranch chicken salad, sandwich bun with lettuce, creamy cucumbers, tossed salad with ranch dressing; fresh fruit, sherbet;
WEDNESDAY: Roasted pork loin with gravy, stuffing, wheat bread, scalloped potatoes, seasoned Brussels sprouts, applesauce, cookie;
THURSDAY: Salad mix with tomatoes and olives, ham, salami, mozzarella, dinner rolls, three-bean salad, peaches, mini muffin;
SEPT. 20: Crab cake with cocktail sauce, white bread, cheesy rice, Harvard beets, tomato and cucumber salad, pineapple tidbits, gelatin.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provides seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
YARN NEEDED: Area SCOPE Centers are in need of yarn and fabric for their needle arts programs. Yarn can be delivered to any SCOPE or call 330-399-8846 for pickup.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull.oh .us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 330-675-7966.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: 500 Ohio Ave. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Fridays. For information, call director Millie Ritz at 330-288-0015 or millieritz @zoominternet.net.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion.
For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. There is a coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m. Meals are offered Monday through Friday through the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs.
• Movies in the parlor, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the block, 10 a.m. Tuesdays;
• Parkinson’s support group meets 1:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of every month;
• Stretch exercises, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Fall Food Drive Kickoff, with all proceeds to the Emmanuel Community Care Center. Nonperishable food items will be collected during the months of September and October;
• Farmers market bingo with Windsor House, 9:30 a.m. Sept. 17.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays, with breakfast open to public. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday with an order two days prior. Call 330-889-2733.