FREE SCREENINGS: Mercy Health and Grace African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME) Nursing Guild are sponsoring free health screenings 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday at Warren City Health District, 258 E. Market St., 3rd floor, Warren.
Men 40 and older can have their prostate blood work performed by Mercy Health for PSA’s and DRE’s (most commonly used to screen for prostate cancer) will be done by the NEO Urology Group. Individuals can also receive blood work for total cholesterol and HbA1c to determine their risk for diabetes or heart disease. Call 330-480-3405 to register for the blood work.
The Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Care Center Mammovan will be on site to screen women for breast canceer. Call 330-480-2654 to register. Other screenings will be available that day as well. Those who have blood work done will receive dinner.
KIDNEY WALK AND PICNIC: The Eastern Regional Kidney Foundation is planning its main fundraiser for 2019 with the ninth annual Kidney Awareness Walk and Renal Family Picnic to raise money to support the grants and education. It is set Sunday at the Canfield Fairgrounds. There will be baskets to raffle, a 50-50 raffle, a continental breakfast, vendors, information and a picnic lunch after the walk. Registration starts at 9 a.m., the walk starts at 11 a.m. and lunch starts at noon. Patients are free, lunch for nonwalkers is $5, and walkers can register for the walk for $25, which includes a shirt. Register at www.erkidney.org or call 888-614-7313. Being honored are former board members Meghan Hiland and Charles “Chuck” Stevens, who devoted more than 20 years to the foundation.
GRIEF SHARE: Heaven is the topic of the GriefShare meeting 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at the Life Church Reach Center, 201 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg.
For information, call 330-898-1131. Register online go to www.griefshare.org.
LUPUS SUPPORT GROUP: The Trumbull Mahoning Lupus Support Group will meet 6 p.m. today at Panera Bread, U.S. Route 422, Niles. The meeting is free. Family and friends are welcome.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention- 101.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, has created a clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
ALZHEIMER’S SUPPORT GROUPS: The Alzheimer’s Association Greater East Ohio Area Chapter makes Alzheimer’s caregiver support groups available free, open to all caregivers, family members and friends with a loved one affected by any form of dementia.
• Howland — 7 p.m. second Tuesday of the month, Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE;
• Warren — 10 a.m. third Wednesday, Trumbull Regional Medical Center, Conference Room F, 1350 E. Market St.
Groups meet monthly. For more information or to confirm, contact the Alzheimer’s Association 24 / 7 Helpline at 800-272-3900.
SOMEPLACE SAFE PROGRAM: Someplace Safe Inc. Support Group, open to all survivors of domestic / intimate partner violence, 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. every other week through Nov. 13. A complete schedule of dates and meeting places will be posted on the Facebook page or contact Susan at 330-393-3005. Light refreshments will be provided. For child care, ages 5 to 14, call Alyssa Norman at the above number.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For more information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: The monthly calendar for the Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, Suite 201, Warren, includes:
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. today, Conference Room A;
• Board of directors meeting, 4:30 p.m. today, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steps Against Stigma Walk, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Wick Park, Youngstown;
• FCFC executive meeting, 8:30 a.m. Sept. 26, Board Conference Room.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
PEER-TO-PEER SUPPORT: Domestic abuse support group for all types of abusive relationships — emotional, verbal or physical — is 6 to 7 p.m. the third Sunday of the month at Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, Warren.
For more information, contact the church office at 330-856-3463.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information.
Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise; SilverSneakers Cardio; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga; and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s; Zumba; Zumba Gold; SilverSneaker Balance class; and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Medicare Basics with Kim Tomavich — 12:15 p.m. today;
• Trumbull County Health and Wellness Fair — 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Eastwood Mall Center Court. Register for prizes, health screenings and health information.
• Special lab express — 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. Sept. 25. Get a Lipid Panel (total cholesterol, LDL, HDL, Triglycerides). Only lab available this day. Walk-ins welcome.