SHEPHERD HOSTS SHOW: Shepherd of the Valley Howland residents are hosting an Antique Tent Show 3 to 7 p.m. Thursday at their Howland community, 4100 North River Road NE, Howland.
The show will be modeled after the popular television program “Antiques Road Show,” with appraisers of many kinds of antiques on hand. Among them will be Richard Cervantes, who appears periodically on “Antiques Road Show” as a specialist on Asian art and oriental rugs. Other specialists will appraise antique dolls, Native American artifacts, jewelry, silver, primitive collectibles, antique clothing and other antique items.
The event is free. Each attendee is invited to bring two items for appraisal.
For more information, contact Rachel Ellis at 330-856-9232, Ext. 2618, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RSVP IN THE VALLEY: The Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Mahoning Valley is a national service program for individuals 55 and older who want to volunteer in Mahoning and Trumbull counties. Contact the program coordinator Leah Sakacs at email@example.com or 330-480-0352, Ext. 3.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Sloppy joe, sandwich bun, macaroni salad, butter beans, peas, fresh melon, angel food cake;
MONDAY: Turkey with gravy, white bread, whipped potatoes, seasoned Brussels sprouts, fresh fruit, cupcake;
TUESDAY: Barbecue pork riblet, sandwich bun, sweet potatoes, broccoli, pears, cookie;
WEDNESDAY: Southwest mealoaf, wheat bread, scalloped potatoes, wax beans, Mandarin oranges, ice cream;
THURSDAY: Cold seafood salad, dinner rolls, salad mix with egg, tomato and cucumber, Italian dressing, cottage cheese, pineapple, mini muffin;
JULY 19: Chicken Marsala over bowties, dinner roll, carrots, pea salad, warm applesauce, fruited gelatin.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provides seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.