GRIEFSHARE: “GriefShare Session 2: Challenges of Grief” will be presented 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Life Church Reach Center, 201 S. Leavitt Road, Leavittsburg.
For more information and pre-registration, call Life Church of God, 330-898-1131. For more information about GriefShare or to register online, go to www.griefshare.org.
OSTOMY SUPPORT: The Youngstown area Ostomy Support Group will meet 6 p.m. today at Humility House, 755 Ohltown Road, Austintown. Family and friends are welcome to attend this nonprofit, self-help support group.
For more information, contact Anna Fitzgerald at 330-480-3440 or email Anna-Fitzgerald @mercy.com.
PFLAG TO MEET: Youngstown Area PFLAG will have its monthly support meeting 6:30 today at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown.
Youngstown Area PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies) is a support, education and advocacy group United with LGBT People to move equality forward.
Support meetings are the second Tuesday of each month. Meetings are free and confidential. Parking is available in the church lot off of Wick Avenue. For more information, visit www.youngstownpflag.org.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For more information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
WALK AND TALK: Members of the Kent State Trumbull Student Nurses Association recently launched Walk and Talk with a Nurse program at Niles Wellness Center. Students join members of the Wellness Center from 9 to 11 a.m. the second and fourth Monday of every month in a variety of physical activities. During activities, members are encouraged to talk and ask questions about health and activity.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meet 6 p.m. Tuesdays at the Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital’s fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. July 15.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted and participants are asked to bring an insurance card.
For information, call 330-841-2596.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., Liberty, has created a clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues. Family members are also welcome.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
MVI HOSPICE CARE: Bereavement support groups are free to anyone who has lost a loved one, including a pet. Contact 330-759-9487 for information. Sessions are 1 to 3 p.m. the third Wednesday of each month at First Presbyterian Church of Warren Fellowship Hall, 256 Mahoning Ave. NW, Warren; and 1 to 3 p.m. the first Wednesday of the month and 6 to 8 p.m. the fourth Monday of the month at the Boardman Park Georgeanna Parker Administration Building, 375 Boardman Poland Road.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, Suite 201, Warren, monthly meeting calendar for July:
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 3 p.m. today, Board Conference Room;
• NAMI Mahoning Valley Steering Committee, 11 a.m. Wednesday, Board Conference Room;
• 2019 ASAP summer track meet, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. July 13, Warren G. Harding Track Complex, 860 Elm Road NE, Warren;
• Countywide orientation, 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. July 16, Conference Room B;
• Board of directors meeting, 4:30 p.m. July 16, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• TCMHRB 22nd annual golf outing, 9 a.m. July 26, Riverview Golf Course, Newton Falls.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise; SilverSneakers Cardio; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga; and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s; Zumba; Zumba Gold; SilverSneaker Balance class; and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography — 8:30 a.m. to noon Wednesday. The bus will be in St. Joe’s at the Mall parking area. Call to schedule a visit;
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 9 a.m. to noon Wednesday;
• Grief 101 — 1 to 2:30 p.m. Thursday with Kim Calhoun, licensed social worker and grief support specialist from Hospice of the Valley. Call to register;
• Free bone density screening — 9 a.m. to noon Friday;
• Free blood sugar screenings — 8:30 to 11 am. July 15;
• Talk with the Doc — 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. July 17, “Supplements and Medications: What to Know,” with Dr. Anju Singh. Call to register.