ALZHEIMER GROUP MEETS: Alzheimer Network Family Support Group meets 7 p.m. Tuesday at Zion’s Reformed United Church of Christ, 260 Main St., Greenville, Pa., and 10 a.m. Wednesday at Children’s Rehabilitation Center, 855 Howland Wilson Road, Howland.
Family members and caregivers are welcome. All meetings are free. For further information, call 330-788-9755.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID: Youth Mental Health First Aid is being offered to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers and other caring citizens how to help adolescent and transitional-aged youth (ages 12 to 24) who are experiencing a mental health or addiction challenge or crisis.
The free training is set for 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 14 in the first-floor conference room A at Trumbull Metropolitan Housing Authority, 4076 Youngstown Road, Warren. Register online at www.eventbrite.com.
Topics will include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including ADHD), and eating disorders.
Doors open at 8 a.m. for registration. Coffee and a light breakfast will be available. Each participant will receive a mental health first aid training manual and certification following completion of the course.
For more information, call 330-675-2765, Ext. 114.
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery instructional support groups meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 1 p.m. Tuesdays at Warren Revival Center, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For more information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
CIRCLE OF HOPE: Circle of Hope, a peer-to-peer support group for those with mental health diagnosis, meets 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren.
For information, call 330-502-8103.
PROSTATE CANCER GROUP: A Prostate Cancer Group will meet 7 to 8:30 p.m. the first Wednesday of odd months at Radiation Oncology Center at Trumbull Regional Medical Center, 353 E. Market St., Warren. The group is open to anyone touched by prostate cancer either by diagnosis or by supporting a loved one with prostate cancer.
There is a core group of three to four survivors who regularly attend. Register nurse Jack Norton is the facilitator for the group.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
WALK AND TALK: Members of the Kent State Trumbull Student Nurses Association recently launched Walk and Talk with a Nurse program at Niles Wellness Center. From 9 to 11 a.m., the second and fourth Monday of every month, students join members of the Wellness Center to participate in a variety of physical activities. During activities, members encouraged to talk and ask questions about health and activity.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., has created a clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues, and their families.
The Substance Abuse Program is offered through the Liberty PsyCare location only, and offers both counseling and medication treatment.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., first and third Monday each month, Homes for Kids Building, 165 E.Park Ave., Niles;
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, Suite 201, Warren, monthly meeting calendar for May:
• Addiction and Mental Health Program Committee, 4:30 p.m. today, Board Conference Room;
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 3 p.m. June 11, Board Conference Room;
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. June 18, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m. June 18, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• FCFC Council Meeting, 8:30 a.m. June 20, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• Voices of Youth Committee, 1 p.m. June 20, Board Conference Room.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise; SilverSneakers Cardio; Silver Sneakers Classic; Easy Yoga; and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s; Zumba; Zumba Gold; SilverSneaker Balance class; and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Carotid arteries or abdominal aortic aneurysm screening — 8:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, by appointment only;
• Walk with a Doc — 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. Friday. Dr. Jessica Handel. Giveaways for those that register ahead of time;
• Nutrition Boot Camp, Healthy lifestyle program for weight management — 1 to 2:15 p.m. Friday. Taught by Nancy Lambert, registered dietitian;
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 9 a.m. to noon June 12;
• Mercy Health Day at the Covelli Center — screenings and information, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 13.