RECOVERY GROUP MEETS: Recovery International, a community self-help mental health group, will meet 7 p.m. today at Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 1933 Canfield Road.
For more information, call 330-747-1176.
HEALTHY EATING: Healthy Eating for You, a free program sponsored by Mercy Health Foundation Mahoning Valley and led by a registered dietitian, will address portion size, reading and understanding nutrition labels, and learning to eat mindfully.
This program takes place 2 to 4 p.m. Thursday at Howland Medical Center, 1932 Niles Cortland Road NE, Warren. Call 330-480-3070 to register.
For information on how to support this program or other causes that seek to improve the health of Mahoning Valley residents, call Mercy Health Foundation Mahoning Valley at 330-729-1180.
ALZHEIMER NETWORK: Alzheimer Network Family Support Groups will meet 6 p.m. today at the Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard; 10 a.m. Friday at Canfield Christian Church, 123 S. Broad St., Canfield; and noon Saturday at Sunrise Senior Living, 335 W. McKinley Way, Poland. Call 330-707-1313 to leave a reservation.
Family members and caregivers are welcome. Meetings are free. For more information, call 330-788-9755.
ALZHEIMER EVENTS: The Alzheimer Network will present a legal / financial seminar 6 p.m. Wednesday at the Girard Free Library, 105 E. Prospect St., Girard. Explanation of financial requirements for long-term care will be discussed.
Call the Alzheimer Network at 330-788-9755.
APPLICATION AVAILABLE: Akron Children’s Hospital’s new mobile application — Akron Children’s Anywhere — is available for free download for both Apple and Android mobile devices.
The new app also gives users quick access to their MyChart account and all its features, including messaging doctors, requesting prescription renewals, direct scheduling and obtaining test results. Those without a MyChart account can create a profile. Users also can access Bill Pay directly from the app. The hospital plans to add features such as virtual visits and the ability to schedule appointments to the app later this year.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. April 22.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted. Bring an insurance card.
For information, call 330-841-2596.
ADDICTION THERAPY AVAILABLE: PsyCare Inc., 2980 Belmont Ave., has created a clinical therapy program to treat individuals suffering with substance abuse and drug addiction issues, and their families.
The Substance Abuse Program is offered through the Liberty PsyCare location only, and offers both counseling and medication treatment.
Assessments can be scheduled by calling 330-759-2310.
GRIEFSHARE: Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, will offer GriefShare sessions 1 to 3 p.m. Sundays through June 2.
GriefShare is a Christ-centered grief support group for those who have lost a loved one to death. Each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance is encouraged.
For information, call HUM church, 330-856-3463. Registration is available at www.griefshare.org
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery Instructional Support Groups meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard. Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 1 p.m. Mondays at Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For more information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
CIRCLE OF HOPE: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, meets 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren.
For information, call 330-502-8103.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
QUIT SMOKING FOR FREE DIAPERS: The Baby and Me Tobacco Free Program at the Trumbull County Combined Health District offers pregnant women a free smoking cessation program and an opportunity to receive free diapers for up to one year after delivery.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for the schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., first and third Monday each month, Homes for Kids Building, 165 E.Park Ave., Niles;
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Free Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board, 4076 Youngstown Road SE, Suite 201, Warren, monthly meeting calendar for April:
• Countywide Orientation, 8:30 a.m. today, TMHA first-floor conference room B;
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. today,TMHA first-floor conference room A;
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m. today, TMHA first-floor conference room A;
• FCFC Council Meeting, 8:30 a.m. Thursday, TMHA first-floor conference room A;
• Voices of Youth Committee, 1 p.m. Thursday, Board Conference Room;
• Administrative Committee meeting, 4:30 p.m. April 30, Board Conference Room.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Talk with the Doc — Dental Hygiene, 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. April 17. Dentist to be announced. Call to register;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 1 to 4 p.m. April 25;
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening — 1 to 4 p.m. April 25. By appointment only;
• Nutrition Boot Camp — Healthy lifestyle program for weight management, 1 to 2:15 p.m. April 26. Six-week program. Call to register.