SCHOOL RETIREES TO MEET: Howland Schools Retirees will meet 11 a.m. Tuesday at Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren. All retired personnel, classified and nonclassified, and spouses or guests are welcome. Cost of the lunch is payable at the door.
There will be a collection of nonperishable foods and small toys for Emmanuel Center to use in preparing Easter baskets / boxes for families in need, such as food for an Easter meal and small toys that can be tucked into Easter baskets. The group will also hear news about the scholarship.
For more information, call Mary at 330-856-5226.
RETIREES TO MEET: A luncheon meeting of the TMH Retirees Club will be held 11:30 a.m. April 8 at the Buena Vista Cafe in Warren. The speaker will be Lisa Solley from the Area Agency on Aging 11, with information on services available for seniors.
All TMH retirees and former employees are welcome. For reservations or further information please contact Melissa Grabowski at 330-219-2519 or Linda Smith at 330-847-7826.
ANGELS NEEDED: Guardian Angels of Trumbull County, a volunteer program of the Trumbull County Probate Court, is looking for volunteers. Angel volunteers receive training to become advocates who reach out as friends to seniors who may need a phone call, a visit in a nursing home or a visit at home. Angels are also involved in planning special events for seniors.
The next meeting is 5 p.m. Tuesday at Shepherd of the Valley, 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-675-2521 or go to www.trumbullprobate.org.
RETIREES TO MEET: P.E.R.I (Public Employee Retirees) will meet 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at the Avion Banquet Center, 2177 W. Western Reserve Road, Canfield.
Joe Gorman, legislative officer, will provide an update for possible changes to the OPERS pension benefits. Guest speaker will be Mahoning County Sheriff Jerry Greene. There will also be a 50 / 50 raffle.
Lunch will be served for $13 per person. Reservations can be made by Monday with Arlene Dechellis, 330-726-8019 or Mary Grace Welsh, 330-743-8425.
All public employee retirees are invited to join the P.E.R.I. meetings for information to protect pensions.
SENIOR SPRING PROM: The Warren G. Harding High School National Honor Society, in partnership with the Chick-fil-A Leader Academy program, is sponsoring a Senior Citizen Spring Prom for Trumbull County senior citizens April 13.
All Trumbull County resident 65 and older are invited. The event will include music, dancing, photo opportunities and light refreshments in the high school cafetorium.
The students chose to host the prom for their Spring Community IMPACT project.
RSVP by April 5 by calling Hillary Allen, government teacher, at 330-841-2316, Ext. 2451, or emailing email@example.com.
Volunteers also are needed for decorations, supplies, treats and other projects.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 153 Grove Drive, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Cold Reuben wrap, totilla wrap, potato salad, chilled beets, Mandarin oranges, cupcake;
MONDAY: Mushroom Swiss burger, sandwich bun, tater tots, broccoli and cauliflower, fresh fruit, mini loaf;
TUESDAY: Mango barbecue chicken breast, wheat bread, brown rice, green beans, coleslaw, applesauce, brownie;
WEDNESDAY: Pot roast with gravy, white bread slices, whipped potatoes, carrots, Mandarin oranges, cookie;
THURSDAY: Crab cake slider, slider bun, tartar sauce, cheesy twists, baked beans, tossed salad with French dressing, apricots, sherbet;
APRIL 5: Beef taco meat, cheese, white rice, corn, chilled black beans with salsa, soft tortilla shell, taco sauce, pineapple tidbits, pudding.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: The McDonald Community Room, 500 Ohio Ave., is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion.
For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. There is a coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
• Movies in the parlor, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the block, 10 a.m. Tuesdays;
• The center’s licensed social worker, Christine Bridgens, offers assistance with Medicare, prescriptions and many other senior citizen issues by appointment;
• AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers, Tuesdays and Thursdays until April 11, by appointment;
• Parkinson’s Support Group will meet 1:30 p.m. the second Wednesday of every month;
• Stretch Exercises, 9:30 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Monthly Birthday Celebration: 9:15 a.m. April 2. The Center will provide a treat.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays, breakfast open to public. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday with an order two days prior. Call 330-889-2733.
• Available activities every day include Wii bowling, puzzles and cards;
• Massage therapy twice a month;
• Blood pressures, by Geauga UH, first Monday of the month;
• Ladies Day, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month. A group of Amish ladies gather to quilt and socialize and sell their wares. All ladies are welcome;
• Chair yoga, 10 a.m. Wednesdays;
• Book club, 1 p.m. fourth Thursday of each month.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center. The center is for those 55 and older. For information, call Charles Williams at 330-609-0318.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center offers chair yoga, chair massages, crafts, exercise, bingo, Pilates and other activities. Call the center at 330-924-0412 for schedules.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
• Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. the first and third Saturday, through April 20;
• The Bridge Club is accepting new members from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays at the center. Bring a sack lunch.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles, 330-544-3676. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday. For lunch, call two days ahead by 2 p.m.
• KaleidoSCOPE Art Program, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays;
• Bingo, card games, book discussion and Monday night cards — call for days and times;
• Computer class, 9 a.m. Wednesday and Friday. Call for more information;
• Richard Wyant teaches ukulele class at 9 a.m. every Thursday.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren, 330-399-8846. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. For lunch, call two days ahead by 2 p.m.
• Open Forum Book Club, 10 to 11 a.m. the last Wednesday of each month.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 153 Grove Grove Drive, Cortland, 330-637-3010. 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Bingo is 12:30 p.m. Mondays. For lunch, call two days ahead by 2 p.m.
• Open help sessions for people with laptop or software computer problems is offered each Friday starting at noon, only if someone signs up for that Friday. To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the desired help session date.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. For lunch, call two days ahead by 2 p.m.
The center is looking for seniors 55 and older interested in playing mahjong, Mexican train dominoes, and pinochle, hand and foot, and euchre. Beginners are welcome. Contact Marge Haley at 330-399-8846.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday. Lunch on your own Tuesday and Thursday.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. 330-953-1416.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor. For reservations or information, call Melissa May, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311, email email@example.com, or log onto www.facebook.com/Country-Neighbor.