HEALTH AND WELLNESS: McKinley Memorial Library and Niles Parks Department will host a free Health and Wellness Fair 1 to 4 p.m. Saturday at Niles Wellness Center, 213 Sharkey Drive, Niles.
The fair will be promoted as part One Book / One Community, the annual countywide library event, which is featuring the book “Shoeless Joe” by W. P. Kinsella.
The Parks Department will provide exercise classes and pickleball instruction. The library and parks are partnering with the Mahoning Valley Scrappers, who will provide bounce-house activities for children, and Ohio State University Extension, which will provide healthy snack demos. The event also includes raffle drawings, gift baskets, educational materials and giveaways.
GAMBLERS ANONYMOUS: Gamblers Anonymous meetings will be 7:30 p.m. Tuesday and Friday at Westminster Presbyterian Church, 119 Stadium Drive, Boardman. Another G.A. meeting is 7:30 p.m. Sunday at Christ Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Youngstown.
No charge to attend although collections taken at each meeting. Meetings are closed meetings. You must have suffered from a gambling addiction to attend.
FREE SCREENING KITS: In recognition of March being National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month, Trumbull Regional Medical Center is offering free colorectal cancer screening kits.
Kits can be picked up 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays in the Radiation Oncology office at Trumbull Regional in the Medical Professional Building, 1353 E. Market St., Suite 101.
The kit is called a fecal immunochemical test. The screening is performed in the privacy of one’s home. The sample will be mailed in the envelope included with the kit. Results mailed to respective individual and his / her primary care physician, if the physician is provided.
Kits available through March 29. For more information, call 330-884-1064.
GRIEFSHARE: Howland United Methodist Church, 730 Howland Wilson Road NE, will offer GriefShare sessions 1 to 3 p.m. Sundays, through June 2.
GriefShare is a Christ-centered grief support group for those who have lost a loved one to death. Each session is self-contained, but weekly attendance encouraged.
For information, call HUM church, 330-856-3463. Regis tration available at www.griefshare.org
GRIEF RECOVERY GROUPS: Grief Recovery Instructional Support Groups meets 6 p.m. Tuesdays at Kelley-Robb-Cummins Funeral Home Care Center, next to the funeral home, 709 N. Main St., Hubbard.
Groups are led by Philip Roland and open to those who have suffered the loss of a loved one.
For information, contact Bill or Candee at the funeral home, 330-534-1952.
WALK AND TALK: Members of the Kent State Trumbull Student Nurses Association recently launched Walk and Talk with a Nurse program at Niles Wellness Center. From 9 to 11 a.m., the second and fourth Monday of every month, students join members of the Wellness Center to participate in a variety of physical activities. During activities, members encouraged to talk and ask questions about health and activity.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse, a group for recovering addicts and anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason, meets 1 p.m. Mondays at Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. For information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewlifere treat.org/blog/intervention-101.
CIRCLE OF HOPE: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with mental health diagnosis, meets 6:30 p.m., second and fourth Monday of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren. For information, call 330-502-8103.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program, for people with Parkinson’s disease, meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland. For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its Trumbuill County locations. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday each month at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and the fourth Wednesday at 4100 North River Road, Howland. For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590 Ext. 3. Adult TB testing available by appointment.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for schedule.
NAMI SUPPORT GROUPS: NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness.
Support groups are:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., first and third Monday each month, Homes for Kids Building, 165 E.Park Ave., Niles;
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m., second and fourth Thursday each month, AltaCare Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown;
• Daytime Connections — 2:30 p.m., Wednesdays, Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
Family Support Groups include:
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday each month, Girard Library,105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m., second Tuesday each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Austintown.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board monthly meeting calendar includes:
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m., today, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon ,Tuesday to Thursday, and 2 to 4 p.m., Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Talk with a Doc — 12:15 to 1:15 p.m., Wednesday, Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month with Dr. Calvin Warner speaking;
• Health at Home special program — 12:30 to 1:30 p.m., Thursday. Includes reference guide. Call to register. Light lunch for fee;
• MH Prescription Drug Assistance — 8 a.m. to 1 p.m., March 25, to help people meet drug company program guidelines;
• Lab express — 8:30 to 10:30 a.m., March 27. Get a Lipid Panel (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL and Triglycerides) for $10. 12 hours fast required;
• Free notary public services and living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 1 to 4 p.m., March 28;
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening — 1 to 4 p.m., March 28. By appointment only.