DENTAL FOR CHILDREN: Dr. Paul Bertolasio and a dental team will help provide free dental work for children without dental insurance 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday at the office, 26 E. Wilson Ave., Girard.
Children from families of all income levels with no dental insurance plan are welcome. Call 330-545-2000 for an appointment.
SUPPORT GROUP: Youngstown Area PFLAG will have its monthly support meeting 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Feb. 12 at St. John’s Episcopal Church, 323 Wick Ave., Youngstown.
Youngstown Area PFLAG (Parents, Families, Friends, and Allies) is a support, education and advocacy group for LGBT people. For information, visit www.youngstownpflag.org.
WALK AND TALK: Members of Kent State Trumbull’s Student Nurses Association recently launched the “Walk and Talk with a Nurse” program at the Niles Wellness Center.
From 9 to 11 a.m. on the second and fourth Monday of every month, students will join members of the Wellness Center to participate in a variety of physical activities. During the activities, members are encouraged to talk and ask questions about health and activity.
HELP GROUP: Lighthouse is a group for recovering addicts and for anyone struggling mentally, physically, spiritually and emotionally for any reason. Meetings are 1 p.m. Mondays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4400 W. Market St., Leavittsburg.
For information, call Jackie at 330-898-4295.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit www.vcprograms.net.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals.
For information, visit www. narcononnewliferetreat.org /blog/intervention-101.
GROUP HYPNOSIS: A group hypnosis session for weight loss and stop smoking will be held 1 p.m. Saturday at The Yoga Center, 972 Youngstown Kingsville Road, Vienna. There will be a free CD for use at home.
For registration, call Steve Tackett at 330-647-0399. Registration is required. This session will be held the first Saturday each month.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
Monthly clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesday at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and the fourth Wednesday at 4100 North River Road, Howland.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email mhoskins@shepherdofthe valley.com.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults.
For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for schedule.
NAMI Mahoning Valley offers support and education to those dealing with serious mental illness. Support groups are as follows:
• Evening Connections — 6 p.m. first and third Monday of each month, Homes For Kids Building, 165 E. Park Ave., Niles.
Family Support Groups;
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m., first Thursday of each month, Girard Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard.
TCMHRB MEETINGS: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board monthly meeting calendar:
• Addiction and Mental Health Program Committee, 4:30 p.m. today, Board Conference Room;
• Suicide Prevention Coalition, 3 p.m. Feb. 12, Board Conference Room;
• ASAP Coalition, 9:30 a.m. Feb. 19, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• Board of Directors Meeting, 4:30 p.m. Feb. 19, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. 330-652-7542
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those with osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, an exercise class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout;
• Carotid arteries or abdominal aortic aneurysm screening — 8:30 to 11 a.m. Wednesday, by appointment only;
• Free bone density screening — 9 a.m. to noon Friday;
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for health care — 9 a.m. to noon Feb. 13;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography bus — 8:30 a.m. to noon Feb. 15 and March 5. Call to schedule a visit.