PERI PARTY: Public Employee Retirees Inc., Trumbull County Chapter 56, will meet at 11:15 a.m. Dec. 12 at DiLucia’s Banquet Room, 2610 Elm Road NE, Warren. The group’s Christmas party is this month, therefore, there is no speaker.
Reservations are a must by Dec. 9 by calling Barb at 330-372-2603 or Virginia at 330-898-3625.
CHRISTMAS PARTY: The TMH Retirees club will hold its annual Christmas party 11:30 a.m. Dec. 6 at Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren. Reservations are required. Contact Katie Savu at 330-856-7112 or Melissa Grabowski at 234-806-3062 for information.
RETIREES TO MEET: Howland Schools Retirees will meet 11 a.m. Dec. 4 at Enzo’s Restaurant in Warren. Cost of the lunch is payable at the door. The Howland High School Choir, under the direction of Anjanette DePoy, will present a program of holiday music.
Retirees planning to attend must reserve seats by Saturday. Send response cards or call Mary at 330-856-5226. All Howland Schools retired employees and spouses / guests are welcome to attend the monthly meetings.
The group will collect nonperishable foods suitable for preparing holiday meals. Small stocking stuffers such as crayons, small toys and hair accessories would be appreciated to add to the Christmas baskets and boxes prepared at Emmanuel Center.
This will be the last call for the mailing fee for those who want to receive the newsletters in 2019. Pay at the meeting or call Mary at 330-856-5226 for directions on paying by mail.
ALZHEIMER’S SEMINAR: A representative from the Alzheimer’s Association will be at the Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., Girard, to give a 90-minute seminar entitled “The Basics: Memory Loss, Dementia and Alzheimer’s” at 9:30 a.m. Dec. 4. This program provides information on detection, causes and risk factors, stages of the disease, treatment and more. For further information, call the Center at 330-545-6596.
CHRISTMAS LUNCHEON: Alcan / Novelist Retirees Christmas Luncheon will be noon Dec. 11 at DiLucia’s Banquet Center, 2610 Elm Road, Warren. Lunch is $15.
Reservations are needed as soon as possible. Call or text Bob at 330-397-3789, or leave your name with Bob Kovach at 330-856-2590.
YARN NEEDED: Area SCOPE Centers are in need of yarn and fabric for their needle arts programs. Yarn can be delivered to any SCOPE or call 330-399-8846 for pickup.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 125 N. Bank St., noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Bratwurst, hot dog bun, sauerkraut, creamed potatoes and peas, fresh fruit, gelatin;
MONDAY: Meatballs marinara, cheesy baked ziti, dinner roll, Italian green beans, Caesar salad with dressing, mixed fruit, brownie;
TUESDAY: Barbecue pork ribette, sandwich bun, warm potato salad, baked beans, fresh fruit, mini loaf;
WEDNESDAY: Potato crusted fish, tartar sauce, wheat bread, macaroni and cheese, stewed tomatoes, creamy coleslaw, fresh fruit, ice cream;
THURSDAY: Swiss steak with onion gravy, wheat bread, cabbage and noodles, carrots, cucumber salad, pineapple delight, cookie;
DEC. 7: Chicken, bacon and Swiss club, sandwich bun, scalloped potatoes, lima beans, blushed pears, pudding.
TMM NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: Trumbull Mobile Meals needs volunteers to help deliver meals. Call Terri Dean at Trumbull Mobile Meals at 330-394-2538.
SENIOR WATCH PROGRAM: Liberty residents 60 and older may sign up for the Liberty Township Senior Watch Program. Contact Marcy Orlando, police secretary, at 330-759-1315, or Joy, fire secretary, at 330-759-0363, Ext. 102.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 330-675-7966.
FALL PREVENTION GUIDE: The Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of EMS joined with the Ohio Injury Prevention Partnership and released an updated “Elderly Fall Prevention Resource Guide” for EMS providers and the general public.
Download a copy of the guide at www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/EMS5934.pdf.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provide seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: The McDonald Community Room, 500 Ohio Ave., is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. There is a coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
• Art class, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays with artist Kathryn Infante;
• Movies in the parlor, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the block, 10 a.m. Tuesdays;
• The center’s licensed social worker, Christine Bridgens, offers assistance with Medicare, prescriptions and many other senior citizen issues by appointment. Call the center to schedule an appointment.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday with an order two days prior. Call 330-889-2733.
• Available activities every day include Wii bowling, puzzles and cards;
• Massage therapy twice a month;
• Blood pressures, by Geauga UH, first Monday of the month;
• Ladies Day, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month. A group of Amish ladies gather to quilt and socialize and sell their wares. All ladies welcome;
• Chair yoga, 9 a.m. Wednesdays.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center. The center is for those 55 and older. For information, call Charles Williams at 330-609-0318.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center offers chair yoga, chair massages, crafts, exercise, bingo, Pilates and other activities. Call the center at 330-924-0412 for schedules.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles, 330-544-3676. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday. For lunch, call two days ahead by 2 p.m.
• KaleidoSCOPE Art Program, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays;
• Bingo, card games, book discussion and Monday night cards — call for days and times;
• Computer class, 9 a.m. Wednesday and Friday. Call for more information;
• Richard Wyant teaches ukulele class at 9 a.m. every Thursday. Call for information.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren, 330-399-8846. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
• Open Forum Book Club, 10 to 11 a.m. the last Wednesday of each month;
• SCOPE Senior Services is hosting a Revive-athon from 9 to 11 am. Saturday at the center. Brunch will follow. Registration is available and cost is $20 per participant. This will be a combination of Drums Alive, weights, bands, exercise, dance and crazy fun.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 125 N. Bank St., Cortland, 330-637-3010. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Bingo is 12:30 p.m. Mondays.
• The center is relocating to the Cortland Christian Church on Grove Street due to remodeling and construction at its North Bank Street home.
For more information, call Diane Jordan at the center.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center is looking for seniors 55 and older who are interested in playing mahjong. Lessons will be available for beginners. The center is also looking for card players for pinochle, hand and foot, and euchre. A Mexican train dominoes group is also being formed. Beginners are welcome. Contact Marge Haley at 330-399-8846.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. 330-953-1416.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor. For reservations or information, call Melissa May, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311, email email@example.com, or log onto www.facebook.com/Country-Neighbor.