RETIREES TO MEET: St. Joseph Warren Hospital retirees will hold their monthly meeting 9:30 a.m. Nov. 26 at Wayside Restaurant in Champion. Retirees are requested to bring nonperishable items for food bank donation.
YARN NEEDED: Area SCOPE Centers are in need of yarn and fabric for their needle arts programs. Yarn can be delivered to any SCOPE or call 330-399-8846 for pickup.
NUTRITION SITES AVAILABLE: The Trumbull County Nutrition Program for the Elderly is provided by the Trumbull County Office of Elderly Affairs and operates nutrition sites at seven locations in the county. Meals will be delivered to county residents 60 and older who are homebound, unable to cook for themselves and not living with someone who can cook for them. Client donations are accepted. For information, call 330-675-2486. Reservations must be made by 2 p.m. two working days in advance.
• Cortland SCOPE, 125 N. Bank St., noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-637-3010.
• Girard Multi-Generational Center, 443 Trumbull Ave., 2 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-545-5350.
• Hubbard Senior Center, 220 W. Liberty St., 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-534-3812, Ext. 2200.
• Johnston Senior Center, 5922 Warren Road, noon Monday through Friday. Call 330-924-0412.
• Lordstown SCOPE, 1776 Salt Springs Road, 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-824-2173.
• Warren SCOPE, 375 N. Park Ave., 11:30 a.m. Monday through Friday. Call 330-399-8846.
• West Farmington Senior Center, 151 College St., noon Tuesday through Friday (except third Tuesday of every month). Call 330-889-2733.
The menu is:
TODAY: Hot ham and cheese sandwich, ciabatta bun, sweet potatoes, broccoli, fresh fruit, sherbet;
MONDAY: Country fried chicken with creamy gravy, biscuit, whipped potatoes, peas and carrots, fresh fruit, gelatin;
TUESDAY: Hawaiian pork chop, wheat bread, blended rice pilaf, island blend vegetables, sweet and sour coleslaw, cinnamon applesauce, ice cream;
WEDNESDAY: Sloppy Joe, sandwich bun, ranch-seasoned potatoes, green beans, peaches;
THURSDAY: Closed for Thanksgiving Day;
NOV. 23: Closed.
SENIOR WATCH PROGRAM: Liberty residents 60 and older may sign up for the Liberty Township Senior Watch Program. Contact Marcy Orlando, police secretary, at 330-759-1315, or Joy, fire secretary, at 330-759-0363, Ext. 102.
TMM NEEDS VOLUNTEERS: Trumbull Mobile Meals needs volunteers to help deliver meals. Call Terri Dean at Trumbull Mobile Meals at 330-394-2538.
911 SPECIAL NEEDS REGISTRY: To be placed on the Trumbull County 911 Special Needs Registry Program to alert first responders in case of emergency, fill out forms at the Trumbull County Commissioners Office, the Trumbull County Recorder’s Office, all Trumbull County SCOPE centers or on the county 911 website at www.trumbull911.co.trumbull.oh.us under the “Special Needs” tab.
For information, contact Mauro DiVieste, special needs coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 330-675-7966.
FALL PREVENTION GUIDE: The Ohio Department of Public Safety Division of EMS joined with the Ohio Injury Prevention Partnership and released an updated “Elderly Fall Prevention Resource Guide” for EMS providers and the general public.
Download a copy of the guide at www.publicsafety.ohio.gov/links/EMS5934.pdf.
SCOPE RIDES: SCOPE and the Trumbull County Transit Board provide seniors 60 and older free rides to and from the centers 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays through Fridays, and 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekends and holidays. Call the center directly three days in advance of the desired trip.
McDONALD COMMUNITY ROOM: The McDonald Community Room, 500 Ohio Ave., is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday.
• “All In” seniors cornhole game, 12:30 p.m. Nov. 20.
• Movie “Tully,” noon Nov 21.
VAN HUFFEL, VANEX MEET: Former Van Huffel and Vanex Tube employees meet 8 a.m. Fridays at Wayside Restaurant, 825 State Road NW, Champion. For information, call 330-719-9781.
GIRARD MULTI-GENERATIONAL CENTER, 443 Trumbull Ave. For information, call 330-545-6596 or go to www.multigen.org. There is a coffee bar every morning, 8:30 to 11 a.m.
• Art class, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays with artist Kathryn Infante;
• Movies in the parlor, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays;
• Walking the block, 10 a.m. Tuesdays;
• The center’s licensed social worker, Christine Bridgens, offers assistance with Medicare, prescriptions and many other senior citizen issues by appointment. Call the center to schedule an appointment;
• Stretch exercises will not be held Nov. 15 and 22;
• Bingo with Deanna from Windsor House will be 9:15 a.m. Nov. 20.
CHAIR YOGA: Ohio Living Home Health and Hospice Senior Center, 1110 Fifth Ave., Youngstown, offers chair yoga 1 p.m. Fridays. Call 330-744-5071.
FARMINGTON SENIOR CENTER: 150 College St., Farmington, is open 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesdays through Fridays and 7 a.m. to noon Mondays. Lunch is served Tuesday through Friday with an order two days prior. Call 330-889-2733.
• Available activities every day include Wii bowling, puzzles and cards;
• Massage therapy twice a month;
• Blood pressures, by Geauga UH, first Monday of the month;
• Ladies Day, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. the third Tuesday of the month. A group of Amish ladies gather to quilt and socialize and sell their wares. All ladies welcome;
• Chair yoga, 9 a.m. Wednesdays.
FOWLER-VIENNA SENIOR CITIZENS: The group meets 9:30 a.m. or later Thursdays at the Fowler Community Center. The center is for those 55 and older. For information, call Charles Williams at 330-609-0318.
JOHNSTON SENIOR CENTER: 5922 Warren Road, Johnston, is open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center offers chair yoga, chair massages, crafts, exercise, bingo, Pilates and other activities. Call the center at 330-924-0412 for schedules.
HOWLAND SCOPE: 8273 High St., Howland. To register for one or more classes, call Howland SCOPE at 330-609-7806.
• Farmers Market, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. the first and third Saturday through April 20.
• Canfield resident Angelo Babbaro, recognized Sinatra singer, will be singing at the center providing complimentary holiday entertainment on Nov. 20 as a way to give back to the community. He will also be donating gift baskets for raffles at the end of the event.
NILES SCOPE: 14 E. State St., Niles, 330-544-3676. Open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday. For lunch, call two days ahead by 2 p.m.
• KaleidoSCOPE Art Program, 1 to 3 p.m. Fridays;
• Bingo, card games, book discussion and Monday night cards — call for days and times;
• Computer class, 9 a.m. Wednesday and Friday. Call for more information;
• Richard Wyant teaches ukulele class at 9 a.m. every Thursday. Call for information;
• Blood drive, 1 to 5 p.m. Nov. 27.
WARREN SCOPE: 375 N. Park Ave., Warren, 330-399-8846. 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday. Food pantry hours are 10 a.m. to noon Thursdays.
Open Forum Book Club, 10 to 11 a.m. the last Wednesday of each month.
CORTLAND SCOPE: 125 N. Bank St., Cortland, 330-637-3010. 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, except for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Thursdays. Bingo is 12:30 p.m. Mondays.
• The center is relocating to the Cortland Christian Church on Grove Street due to remodeling and construction at its current site on North Bank Street. For more information, call Diane Jordan at the center.
LORDSTOWN SCOPE: Rear of Lordstown Elementary School, 1776 Salt Springs Road, Lordstown, 330-824-2173. Open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.
The center is looking for seniors 55 and older who are interested in playing mahjong. Lessons will be available for beginners. The center is also looking for card players for pinochle, hand and foot, and euchre. A Mexican train dominoes group is also being formed. Beginners are welcome. Contact Marge Haley at 330-399-8846.
CHAMPION SCOPE: 528 Educational Highway, Warren, 330-847-0503, Ext. 1638. Open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday.
AUSTINTOWN SENIOR CENTER: 100 Westchester Drive. Open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. 330-953-1416.
COUNTRY NEIGHBOR: Country Neighbor Community Center, 39 S. Maple St., Orwell, Mondays through Fridays. All proceeds benefit the services and programs of Country Neighbor. For reservations or information, call Melissa May, program coordinator, at 440-437-6311, email email@example.com, or log onto www.facebook.com/Country-Neighbor.