TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board November meeting schedule is:
• Recovery Housing Meeting, 2 p.m. today, board conference room.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone in the family overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals. For information, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat. org/blog/intervention-101.
CIRCLE OF HOPE: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with a mental health diagnosis, meets 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Mondays of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren.
For information, call 330-502-8103.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities. Volunteers read, play cards or music, or do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or email@example.com or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice-volunteering/.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
HEALTH SCREENINGS: Neighborhood Health Watch provides free health screenings once a month at Niles SCOPE. Call 330-480-2011 for a schedule.
DUAL-DIAGNOSIS CONNECTIONS: NAMI Mahoning Valley announces a new weekly Connections support group for adults dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues. Lead by a NAMI trained individual who is living in mental health and substance abuse recovery, the group meets 6 p.m. the second and fourth Wednesdays of the month at the Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 330-727-9268.
NAMI Mahoning Valleyoffers support and education to persons and families dealing with serious mental illness. Support groups are as follows:
• Daytime Connections meeting — 2:30 p.m. every Wednesday, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown;
• Evening Connections meeting — 6 p.m. the second and fourth Thursday of each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Youngstown;
• Dual Diagnosis — 6 p.m. the first and third Monday of each month, Homes For Kids Building, 165 E. Park Ave., Niles.
Family Support Groups;
• Daytime Family Support Group — 11 a.m. the first Thursday of each month, Girard Library, 105 Prospect St., Girard;
• Evening Family Support Group — 7 p.m. the second Thursday of each month, Alta Care Building, 142 Javit Court, Youngstown.
For more information, call 330-727-9268 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email email@example.com or Lynda Briach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.