SUPPORT GROUP: October is domestic violence awareness month. However, domestic violence happens year round — any day and at any time. Domestic Abuse Peer to Peer Support Group meets at 6 p.m. the third Wednesday of the month at the Howland United Methodist Church.
For information, call 330-984-5376.
ONEHEALTH OHIO AWARD: ONE Health Ohio, at its Youngstown (Youngstown Community Health Center), Warren (Lloyd McCoy Community Health Center, Warren West Community Health Center and Kidz 1st Pediatrics) and Alliance (Good Samaritan Community Health Center) locations, has been awarded recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.
ONE Health Ohio is a Federally Qualified Health Center that provides medical, dental and behavioral health services across six health centers located in Youngstown, Warren, Newton Falls and Alliance and two behavioral health counseling centers in Youngstown and Warren. The mission of ONE Health Ohio is “To improve the health and well-being of people in our communities by providing quality healthcare, particularly to the uninsured and underinsured.”
For more information, go to www.onehealthohio.org.
ADDICTION SCREENINGS: Narconon can help families take steps to help someone in the family overcome addiction. Call 800-431-1754 for free screenings or referrals, or to learn more, visit www.narcononnewliferetreat.org/blog/intervention-101.
GRIEFSHARE: Lessons of Grief-Part 1, is the topic for the next GriefShare meeting, 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Life Church, Leavittsburg Campus, 610 S. Leavitt Road.
For more information, call Life Church of God, 330-898-1131. For information about GriefShare or to register online, go to www.griefshare.org
MINDFUL LIVING: Mindful Living with Hillside Health Living Seminars are free. The course is offered once a month and reservations are necessary by calling 330-841-3607.
“Using Guided Imagery to Improve Health and Well-Being” will be presented by Dr. Daniel Winkle of Steward Medical Group and Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday at Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
The November course will be 5 to 7 p.m. Nov. 29 at The Center for Sound Therapy, 7250 West Blvd., Suite, 1, Boardman. The topic is “Sound Bath Experience” and the presenters are Maria and Calvin Wagner from The Center for Sound Therapy.
HEALING FOR THE HURTING: The Corner House Christian Church, 6954 Chestnut Ridge Road, Hubbard, is hosting a support group for separation or loss, including by death, dismemberment, divorce, job loss or loss of direction and purpose in life, 2 p.m. Saturday and Nov. 10. Additional sessions are to be determined.
CIRCLE OF HOPE: Circle of Hope, a support group for those with a mental health diagnosis, meets 6:30 p.m. the second and fourth Mondays of each month at Grace United Methodist Church, 1725 Drexel Ave. NW, Warren.
For more information, call 330-502-8103.
IMMUNIZATION CLINIC: The Warren Health District, 258 E. Market St., Warren, will hold child immunization clinics 9 to 11 a.m. and 1 to 3 p.m. Oct. 29.
All clinics are walk-ins with no appointment necessary. An updated shot record for each visit is required. A $21.25 administration fee is charged. Medicaid is accepted and participants are to bring an insurance card. For information, call 330-841-2596.
HOSPICE VOLUNTEERS: Crossroads Hospice and Palliative Care’s “Change Your Future” campaign is seeking volunteers for assisted living and nursing facilities. Volunteers read, play cards or music, or do arts and crafts with patients, bring their pets, or run errands and provide respite for family members.
For information, contact Ashley Green at 330-899-9100 or ashley.green@crossroadshospice .com or visit www.crossroadshospice.com/hospice-volunteering/hospice- volunteering/.
TCMH SCHEDULE: Trumbull County Mental Health and Recovery Board September meeting schedule is:
• ASAP Orientation, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday, TMHA First Floor Conference Room A;
• Board Budget and Finance Committee, 4:30 p.m. Oct. 30, Board Conference Room.
PARKINSON’S PROGRAM: Hillside Rehabilitation Hospital fitness program for people with Parkinson’s disease meets 12:45 to 1:45 p.m. Fridays at the hospital, 8747 Squires Lane NE, Howland.
For information or to register, call 330-841-3893 or visit vcprograms.net.
WELLNESS CLINICS: Shepherd of the Valley is offering wellness clinics at each of its locations in Trumbull County. A nurse will check blood pressure and blood glucose levels.
The clinics are 10 to 11 a.m. the second Wednesdays monthly at 1500 McKinley Ave., Niles, and fourth Wednesdays at 4100 North River Road, Howland.
For information, call 330-530-4041 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CELEBRATE RECOVERY: Class is 6:30 to 8 p.m. Thursdays at the Warren Revival Center Fellowship Hall, 4000 W. Market St., Leavittsburg. Call 330-898-4295 for information.
HEALTH DEPARTMENT VACCINATIONS: The Trumbull County Combined Health District offers vaccinations to children and adults. For information, call 330-675-2590, Ext. 3. Adult TB testing is available by appointment.
WELLNESS CENTER PROGRAMS: The Niles Wellness Center offers the following programs. To register, call the center at 330-349-9355 or email email@example.com or Lynda Briach at lbriach@thecity ofniles.com.
• Free SilverSneakers class for members — 10 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays;
• Yoga with Tricia — 10 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. Mats are provided;
• Spinning class — 6:30 p.m. Mondays, 7 p.m. Thursdays, 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 8:30 a.m. Saturdays. Free for SilverSneakers and Fitness members.
ST. JOE’S AT THE MALL, Eastwood Mall, Niles. Hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday. Phone 330-652-7542.
• Free blood pressure screenings — 9 a.m. to noon Tuesday to Thursday and 2 to 4 p.m. Tuesday and Wednesday;
• Strong Bones Program — Free 12-week program of personalized strength training for those who have osteoporosis or low-bone density;
• Monthly exercise classes — Cardio Jam group exercise, SilverSneakers Cardio, Silver Sneakers Classic, Easy Yoga and Chair Yoga, Exercise Class for people with Parkinson’s, Zumba, Zumba Gold, SilverSneaker Balance class and Drums and Muscles workout class;
• Mercy Health Home Care Services Representative will be in front of the mall site from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays to answer any questions. Also special screenings each day;
• Mercy Health Mobile Mammography bus will be in the Mall parking lot 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday. Financial assistance is available. Call 330-480-2654 to schedule a visit;
• A MH prescription Drug Assistance staff member is available 8 a.m. to noon Wednesday to help with information on paying for medicine;
• This month’s “Talk with the Doc” program will feature Joanie Abdu Comprehensive Breast Health Center staff 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. Wednesday. Also, Dr. Ritka Sharma will be speaking. Call to register. Free lunch;
• Free peripheral vascular disease screening, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday. By appointment only.
• Free notary public services and free living wills and durable power of attorney for healthcare, 1 to 4 p.m. Thursday.
• Start of Nutritional Boot Camp, 1 to 2:15 p.m. Friday. The camp will be every Friday for six weeks and taught by Nancy Lambert, RD. Call to register as space is limited.