MEETING HOUSE FUNDRAISER: The Meeting House Building Committee, Hubbard Rotary, Hubbard Area Chamber of Commerce and the Harding Park Board will hold the annual Taste of Hubbard noon to 3 p.m. Sept. 30 at Harding Park in Hubbard. The Taste introduces folks to unique restaurants, cafes, delis, bakeries and ice cream makers in Hubbard and the surrounding communities. It is a fundraiser for construction of the historic Meeting House in Harding Park.
There will be restored vintage cars (bring yours and register on site), music, arts and crafts vendors, and an auction. Tickets for the tastings are $20 either at the event or pre-sale by calling 330-534-3272 or 330-534-5060. There is no admittance fee and parking is free.
BOOKMOBILE AT PARK: The Warren Trumbull County Public Library will have the library’s bookmobile on various Mondays through May at the community park on state Route 46 in Weathersfield. Plans are to be at the park twice a month.
OKTOBERFEST ON SQUARE: The third annual Oktoberfest on the Square will be 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday on Courthouse Square in Warren. The event is hosted by the Trumbull County Historical Society and will feature food, family activities, music, dancing and concessions.
GARDEN WORKSHOP: A soil health and garden cleanup workshop will be 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at the Secrest Community Garden, 1001 Bennett Ave. NW, Warren. The workshop will discuss soil health, including both how to take care of the soil in garden and why it is essential to tend to the soil. Participants also will learn how to tend to their garden after the growing season to avoid the spread of pests and disease. Participants will receive free soil test kits to send their soil away for nutrient testing and also learn how to read soil test results and to add amendments to their garden using the test results as a guide. The class will be taught by Trumbull County OSU Agricultural Extension Educator Lee Beers.
• To reach the 24-hour information referral and crisis intervention service in Trumbull County, call Trumbull 211 at 330-393-1565 or 211. Call Trumbull 211 or Help Hotline at 330-747-2696 or 800-427-3606 for more information on service agencies and support groups.
• Someplace Safe Inc., domestic violence agency, offers support groups for women, children and individual support services. 330-393-3005.
• Sunday Night Our Gratitude Speaks Narcotics Anonymous — 7 p.m. Serenity Place, 29 E. Broad St., Newton Falls.
• Sunday breakfast — 8:30 to 9 a.m., Warren Family Mission, 155 Tod Ave. NW, Warren, served by Tod United Methodist Church. The mission serves meals daily at noon and 4 p.m.
• Write to Recover — 10 a.m., Meridian Place, 1184 N. Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Master Discipleship Group — 6 p.m., Mahoning Valley Hope Center, Warren.
• Gamblers Anonymous 12-Step fellowship — 7:30 p.m. Christ Church Presbyterian Church, 3425 Hopkins Road, Cornersburg. 330-505-5060.
• The Butts Family Museum in Fowler is open 1 to 4 p.m. June through October. For information or tours, call 330-507-9078 or 330-360-7796.
• Sunday Solutions — 2 p.m., Sahara Club II, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Keeping it Simple — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road, Warren.
• Regardless Of — 7 p.m., Christ Episcopal Church, 2627 Atlantic Ave., Warren.
• Nar-Anon — 7 p.m., Sahara Club, 2345 Youngstown Road SE, Warren, 12-step program for relatives and friends who have been adversely affected by a loved one’s addiction to drugs. Bill, 330 856-3822.