Family game competition set
MONOPOLY TOURNAMENT: The Niles Public Preschool parents are sponsoring a Monopoly tournament Saturday at McMenamy’s in Niles. Pre-register by calling Amanda Rogers at 330-675-9493. There are elimination rounds and prizes for the top six spots. The grand prize is a Monopoly Deluxe Edition 5-in-1 game set. Parents also are sponsoring a Chinese auction and homemade bake sale items. The Chinese auction will feature themed baskets and donations from local area merchants. Tickets will be sold on site. Entrants do not have to be present to win.
LIBERTY FOOD PANTRY: A new community food pantry is being offered to Liberty Township residents 10 a.m. to noon on the first Friday of each month at Churchill United Methodist Church, 189 Churchill Hubbard Road, Liberty. The church has partnered with Liberty Local Schools and the Second Harvest Food Bank to provide the food. Those needing items need to bring a box or bags to transport food, a photo identification and utility bill for the home address. Call 330-759-0118.
CANCER BENEFIT: A benefit to help Sean Crean, who is battling cancer, will be 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday at the Niles SCOPE Senior Center, 14 E. State St. The event will include a silent auction and 50-50 with all proceeds to help the Crean family. Donations for the basket raffle can be brought to Gold Connection in Champion.
HOSPICE TRAINING: Hospice of the Valley will be offering volunteer training 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturday and Nov. 12 at Hospice House. During the program, volunteers will learn about Hospice of the Valley and the team approach. Volunteer assignments are made close to volunteers’ homes. For more information call 330-549-5902.
ALTERNATIVE CHRISTMAS GIFTING: First Presbyterian Church, 240 Mahoning Ave., Warren, is hosting an Alternative Christmas gifting 10 a.m. to noon Sunday. When money is given to a charity, it’s given in the name of the person receiving the gift. Charities include Animal Welfare League, SOPHIA, Second Harvest Food Bank, Someplace Safe, Lebanon schools ((NESSL), Northeastern Ohio Adoption Services, Heifer International and Presbyterian Church (USA)/Water for the People.
Those giving the gifts receive cards that tell the person getting the gift where the money is going.
OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS: The annual Old Fashioned Christmas Extravaganza will be 5 to 8 p.m. Friday and 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday at Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren. There will be free coffee and cookies Friday. There will be crafts and unique gifts, basket raffles and a bake sale. Lunch will be available Saturday.
• Business Connections of Trumbull County — 7:30 a.m. Panera Restaurant on Elm Road, Warren. 330-719-0727.
• Roundtable Carvers woodcarving club — 9 to 11:30 a.m., Senior Center, Fifth Avenue, Youngstown, 330-318-3609.
• Engage Prayer and Intercession Group — 6:30 p.m., 3217 Surrey Ave., Warren. 330-550-3393.
• Thursday Morning Recovery — 10:30 a.m, Meridian Place, 1184 Meridian Road, Youngstown.
• Where Are You at Today — noon, United Methodist Community Center, 760 Main Ave., Warren.
• Thursday Clean People — 7 p.m., Niles Senior Center, 14 E. State St., Niles.
• Kids Club Children Ministries — 6 p.m., First United Methodist Church, 309 N. Park Ave., Warren.
• Niles Rotary Club — noon, Ciminero’s Banquet Centre, 123 N. Main St., Niles.
• NAMI Family Support Group — 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., Girard Free Library, 330-584-9213.
• Warren Kiwanis — noon, Buena Vista Cafe, Warren.
• People Empowering Progress Productivity — promote aftercare following incarceration, 6 to 7:30 p.m., 2051 Niles Road S.E., Warren.
• NAMI Connection, 1:30 p.m. Community Center, 1344 Fifth Ave., Youngstown. Call 330-531-7490, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website namimv.org
• Warren Thursday Al-Anon Group — 7:30 p.m., SS. Cyril and Methodius Church, 185 Laird Ave. N.E., Warren.
• TOPS Ohio 188 — weigh-in at 5:15 p.m., meeting at 5:45 p.m., Covenant Presbyterian Church, 2050 Oakdale NW, Warren.
• TOPS 1497 — weigh-in 9:30 a.m., meeting at 10 a.m., Smith Corners United Methodist Church, 3000 S. Canfield-Niles Road, Austintown. 330-759-4737.
• SOUTHINGTON TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES will hold special meetings 6 p.m. Monday and Thursday at township hall to conduct potential employee interviews for the road department.
Items for the agenda must be submitted at least two days prior to the meeting date.