HOWLAND -- Fire crews are on the scene of a fire reported to be inside an elevator shaft at Shepherd of the Valley.
The fire at the facility, located at 4100 North River Road, was reported around 2 p.m. A 911 supervisor said there was smoke showing at the facility. Fire officials on the scene said a motor in the elevator overheated. Officials said an elderly woman was stuck briefly on third floor, inside the elevator, but she was released without injury before fire crews arrived.
There are no reported injuries.
This is a developing story and updates will be posted as available at www.tribtoday.com.