Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Place An Ad | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS
 
 
 

Fri., 1:35pm: Charge resolved for coach implicated in Steubenville rape case

April 11, 2014
Tribune Chronicle

STEUBENVILLE - Ohio's attorney general says an accusation that a high school wrestling coach tried to thwart an investigation into the rape of a 16-year-old girl will be dismissed in exchange for community service hours.

Seth Fluharty was charged last year with a single misdemeanor count of failure to report child abuse or neglect involving the rape of the girl by two Steubenville High School football players in 2012.

Attorney General Mike DeWine said Friday the charge would be dismissed once Fluharty completed 20 community service hours at a domestic violence shelter and attended anti-sexual violence training at Steubenville city schools.

A message was left with an attorney for Fluharty, who entered a not guilty plea to the charge last year.

 
 

 

I am looking for: