Former Warren man accused of rape of boy
WARREN - An 18-year-old Warren man was indicted Thursday on an accusations of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old boy.
Tyler Aikins of Riverside, and formerly of the Warren area, remains in Trumbull County Jail pending his arraignment Monday on a charge of rape that carries a potential life sentence. He also is charged with two counts of gross sexual imposition.
Indictments against Aikins said the acts occurred between October and November of 2013. Prosecutors said Aikins was in the same home with the boy who was under another's care and the charges allege force or threat of force.
Part-time firefighter arrested on sex charge
AUSTINTOWN - A part-time Liberty firefighter was placed on unpaid leave after he was arrested this week on sex charges.
Jackson Township police said they were called by parents who discovered their 15-year-old daughter had been in sexual relationship with an older man.
Police Chief Greg Taillon said Jesse Culbertson admitted to the relationship and was arrested. He was arraigned Thursday on a charge of unlawful sexual conduct with a minor and remains at the Mahoning County Jail in lieu of a $100,000 bond pending a court hearing March 5, according to Tribune Chronicle news partner WYTV 33 News.
A police report states that both Culbertson and the girl admitted to having contracted the sexually transmitted disease chlamydia during the relationship.
Vehicle crashes into house in Champion
CHAMPION - A car crashed into a residence on the 6400 block of Shaffer Road on Thursday afternoon.
Fire Capt. Charles Joseph said that the accident occurred around 2:48 p.m. when a car lost control and drove into the garage area of a house. The collision caused damage to the garage, as well as the foundation of the house.
There were no reported injuries, and Joseph said that Champion police are investigating. Names of the driver and the residents were not released.
Clothes dryer blamed for Champion house fire
CHAMPION - A morning house fire was reported Thursday at 723 State Road after a clothes dryer caught fire. Fire Capt. Charles Joseph said residents were alerted by a smoke detector.
Firefighters were called at 6:55 a.m. and were backed up by Bazetta and Warren fire departments. No injuries were reported, and the family is being assisted by the American Red Cross. Their names were not released.
Joseph said the damages for the fire were reported at $10,000.