SOUTHINGTON - A home at 2077 state Route 534 that caught fire shortly before 8:45 p.m. Saturday, sustained an estimated $25,000 worth of damage, according to Southington fire Chief Tom Strock.
Fire officials believe the fire began in the two-story home's kitchen and spread into the dining room.
"There was smoke damage throughout the house," Strock said. "We were fortunate that the property owners arrived at home when they did. We did not have to break down the doors or break any windows. We were able to go right into the house."
No one was injured and the state fire marshal will investigate.