Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Place An Ad | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Wed. 1:32pm: Howland fire victim released from hospital

December 12, 2012
Tribune Chronicle |

HOWLAND - Fire officials confirmed that the woman who suffered smoke inhalation when her Raccoon Drive home caught fire on Tuesday has been released from a local hospital and is in good condition.

The woman had been taken by ambulance to St. Joseph Health Center in Warren. Fire officials said they do not plan to release her name because of privacy laws. They confirmed that she was released Tuesday night.

According to reports, the woman, identified as one of the homeowners, had been in her bedroom with the door closed when a smoke detector alerted her that the house was on fire. She was able to crawl from the bedroom. Firefighters found her on the back deck.

The fire killed three cats and severely damaged the front of the home and left smoke damage throughout.



I am looking for: