Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Place An Ad | Warren Homecoming | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Thu., 12:11pm: Girard mayor confirms Y'town-V&M audit request

December 6, 2012
Tribune Chronicle |

GIRARD -- Mayor Jim Melfi confirmed this morning that city officials would seek a state audit to account for V&M Star taxes Youngstown owes to Girard in accordance with a revenue sharing agreement.

According to Melfi, V&M estimated $5.5 million in tax revenue would be accrued during the construction phase, which recently ended. The agreement calls for Girard to receive 55 percent of income tax revenue and Youngstown to take the remaining 45 percent.

So far, Melfi said, Girard has received approximately $1.3 million. Closer to $3 million was expected.

Melfi said he plans to send a written, formal audit request to Ohio Auditor David Yost within weeks.



I am looking for: