WARREN - A woman was taken to St. Joseph Health Center after she was burned when her car caught fire in the parking lot of a nursing home about 4:30 p.m. today.
A fire department official said the woman, an employee of Renaissance North nursing home, 2743 North River Road, had two cans of gasoline in her trunk and lit a cigarette. The flame ignited fumes in the cab of the vehicle and set it on fire.
The severity of the woman's burns was not immediately known.
A woman who answered the phone at the nursing home said she was not authorized to comment.