Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Place An Ad | Warren Homecoming | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

A smoke detector saved another life

January 6, 2013

DEAR EDITOR: Last night while I was snug in my bed, snoozing away, a tragedy in the making struck my home. A log sitting next to the wood stove started to smolde....

« Back to Article

sort: oldest | newest




Jan-14-13 12:14 PM

Smoke detectors are a great thing. Especially when they are maintained (batteries, tested, etc...) I have been burning wood for many years for heat. I would recommend you do a little research if you plan on continuing this process. It isn't as dangerous as many think if done properly. Follow codes, safety devices, and know your wood-burner. They all are different and burn different.

1 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Jan-09-13 8:24 AM

Yeah, I was smoking in bed the other day, and the smoke detector saved my life after I feel asleep and the cigarette fell out of my hand.

0 Agrees | 2 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Jan-06-13 7:16 AM

So true and I'll bet you do not put wood that close again.

6 Agrees | 0 Disagrees | Report Abuse »


Jan-06-13 6:54 AM

Smoke detectors do save lives and that has been proven over and over. Nice report out on a life and property saving event here instead of another death by fire with no smoke detector in the home.

5 Agrees | 1 Disagrees | Report Abuse »

Showing 4 of 4 comments


I am looking for: