Help prevent another school tragedy
By now all of us, almost, have heard the whole story of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. This is not the first time we’ve heard and seen a scene that brought tears of disbelief and fear – fear of losing your loved one. A majority of us have a loved one in a school somewhere in one of the 50 United States of America.
Yes, there were many speeches made to this and that. Still, some distraught individual goes on the rampage and we’ve seen the latest. Twenty angels and six remarkable teachers were killed.
Before I make some suggestions, I want to remind the avid speakers out there who state their ideas to improve the conditions in these schools – and who state them in coffee shops, at water fountains, in home meetings, during church gatherings, etc. – please write it down and mail it to your congressman, senator, President Obama and any other state representative who can make things happen. Really happen. Pass the word. Act on this. Or do we wait until we lose another 20, 30 or 40 angels?
Now for my suggestions and options that need to be considered:
1. Take measures to arm and train teachers to fire a weapon / keep a weapon locked up until needed.
2. Look to install stronger doors, stronger windows – bulletproof, if possible.
3. Look into adding security guards in all schools and metal detectors.
4. Look into training all children in what to do in the event, just like fire drill training.
5. Look into training all faculty (teachers) in the school about profiling.
6. Look into adding the latest sensors that will lock down schools and monitor as well.
7. Look into any other method out there that can accomplish and better the suggestions stated above.
8. Look into parents volunteering to monitor surroundings in the schools.
9. Look into bringing God back into the classroom.
This has got to stop and all of us have the means to do it. Our loved ones need to feel secure while they are learning. And we need to see that they are secure as well.
I’ll accept any invitation to go to Washington and share more ideas on this and other avenues to help Social Security and education; a way to pay down our national debt and give all the states a share without raising a single cent in taxes.
Please act on this. Our loved ones depend on all of us to do what the word ”secure” means: a safe haven for them and a peace of mind for all of us.
Thank you for reading this letter. God bless America now and always.