Orchids and Onions
• ORCHID: To Youngstown State University, which is now only the second university in the nation to achieve the technology milestone of having commercial equipment representing all seven methods of 3-D printing.
• ONION: To hackers who stole the IP address for the phone number connected to the Warren Municipal Court in order to scam people into thinking they owe money to the court. Sadly, thieves continue to find new ways to steal from unsuspecting victims.
• ORCHID: To Tribune Chronicle speller Jeremy Slywczak, 13, of Joseph Badger Middle School, who made it through three rounds in this week’s 2017 Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington, D.C., and now already is planning for next year.
• ORCHID: To Hannah’s Vision, a non-profit group that hosted a local carnival this week in Niles as part of a plan to “pay it forward.” The group benefits families with children in treatment for brain tumors.
• ORCHID: To all those who recognized the true meaning of Memorial Day this week and paid tribute to our fallen service men and women on the somber holiday.