Orchids and onions
• ORCHID: To volunteers rehabilitating a Warren home to give to a needy family in time for Christmas. The Palmyra Road SW home was donated by Trumbull Neighborhood Partnership. It is being upgraded by volunteers at Team Sanders Inc., Warren Family Mission and others.
• ORCHID: To Trumbull Career and Technical Center engineering students who spent time this week teaching technology and engineering to area youngsters at Trumbull Community Action Program Head Start.
• ONION: To Trumbull County commissioners and their staff, who failed to notify the public about meetings to discuss next year’s budget, forcing commissioners and department heads into a “re-do.” That’s a waste of time brought on by a failure to follow Ohio open meeting laws in the first place.
• ORCHID: To the Area Agency on Aging 11 Inc. and all the donors involved in plans to deliver holiday bags for area seniors who live alone with no support system. Anyone interested in donating can call 330-505-2300.
• ORCHID: To American Legion Harry Lees Post 506 for donating flags, funds for landscaping and a flagpole, erected at the Kinsman Administration Building. (Submitted by a reader).